Google Search History

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by thadchr, Nov 11, 2005.

1. thadchr macrumors member

thadchr

Is there a way I can stop google and other programs from saving the search history? I hate clicking in the search box and seeing all the **** I've previously searched for. And now as I'm typing this... I realize that this site does it as well.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just dump the Saved Form Information every now and then, should be in the browser prefs somewhere.

The Form autofill feature is supposed to make it easy for you.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Googling nasty stuff aren't we?

Try enabling Private Browsing.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You know, I've heard a lot of references to "private browsing" in Safari, but is this something only in Tiger? I've never seen it in Panther.

Loving the new 'tar incarnations Sun Baked

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

I think that it is a Safari 2.0 thing. It is useful for internet banking etc, but I believe that it has other uses too. ;)

6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

It's not the sites that save the information. It's the browser. Just disable the feature (uncheck Other Forms under Safari preferences -> AutoFill)

Attached Files:

7. thadchr thread starter macrumors member

thadchr

I guess I should have mentioned that I have Windows... and I guess that means I probably shouldn't be posting on macrumors for this problem... but somehow has to know anyway right? :p Thanks in advance.

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Private browsing comes in handy any time you do something at all sketchy...something you wouldn't wants someone looking over your shoulder to see autofill...:D :p

9. joker2 macrumors 6502a

joker2

Tools --> Internet Options has the buttons for clearing the cache, cookies, and I believe there's a tab that will let you get to the forms auto-fill -like feature as well.

(My windows machine is currently in storage...)

10. haiggy macrumors 65816

On windows, Im pretty sure its very simple.

WHat you do is, type in a letter or a few so the choice list comes down... put your mouse of the top one so it is highlighted and press the "Delete" key... not backspace. I think this deletes them... from what I remember. It doesn't work on Mac OS X though

11. thadchr thread starter macrumors member

thadchr

Thanks a lot haiggy. Seems like I should have known that after so many years on Windows, but I guess you learn something new everyday.:)