Google searches showing call button

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pcmxa, Dec 29, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

pcmxa

Hi

I am trying to figure out if this issue is with my jail broken iOS 5.1.1 4th gen iPod you h or if it is actually an issue with Google search. When I do a search in MobileSafari for a local establishment. I get a results page with a map then a list of matching establishments. Under each match rather than a phone number I get a call button. Way back when I used to get a phone number that was in blue that when clicked would ask if I wanted to add it to contacts or copy it. I still get this with bing searches or if I spoof my user agent. I spent the day doing a full restore to unjailbroken 6.01 and it still was doing it. So after renal breaking to 5.1.1, I realized that the issue might be with googles search results.

So my question is, on an unjailbroken iPod touch 4g. When you do a google search for a store, do you get a button that says call or a phone number highlighted in blue?

Thanks!

2. macrumors 6502a

Not sure about an iPod Touch, but on my iPhone, it's a Call button. Google changed it a while ago.

3. macrumors demi-god

Gav2k

You get a number on a standard iPod. Have you tried clearin your cookies etc??

----------

And you should do because you have call functionality.

4. thread starter macrumors regular

pcmxa

Thanks for confirming I should get the number. I have cleared cookies and history and it still does it. It did it jail broken. It did it restored to 5.1.1. It did it when I factory reset/updated to 6.0.1 And still did it when I re jailbroke.

It doesn't do it with bing. Or if I spoof my user agent to iPad.