Google+ there then gone?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by porcupine8, Jul 19, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Several blogs and other pages were reporting a few hours ago that the G+ app was finally up, giving a link - but now none of the links work, and it doesn't come up if I search the app store for google. Anyone know if/why it was pulled already? G+ is less than great to use in an iPad browser right now, I've been eagerly awaiting the app!

2. macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Maybe google pulled it? It's extrememly buggy and crashes constantly for me, and many others I've read.

3. macrumors 6502

Was there actually an ipad version, or was it universal?

The one I DL'd was iphone only (in fact, specifically stated it was not supported on the iPad2 when I tried to install). Would love an ipad version.

4. macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

According to this G+ post by a Google staffer When it first went live a beta version was seeded. They corrected it, but for me, it's still not showing up in search, it's not showing in the alpha listing for apps released today, AND it's not showing up on Google's Dev page. I have an iPad 2, but it shouldn't matter, I can see every other iPhone app, and use them. Even direct links like this don't work when launched from my iPad. I just get "Your request could not be completed". Weird...

5. macrumors 65816

tablo13

The app is iPhone only. Doesn't support iPod touch or iPad.

6. macrumors 68000

Blakjack

It's now the top most downloaded app and it was only live for a few hours. When the he'll is it coming back?!!

7. macrumors 6502

I got the app and it doesn't crash on me like many people have said. U haven't had crashed once.

8. macrumors newbie

Anyone got an invite? Lol

9. macrumors regular

I found google+ for iPhone by using iTunes. Via the phone, it couldn't be found.

10. macrumors G3

roadbloc

I hope that was a joke. You haven't needed an invite for Google+ for ages now. Just a Google account.

11. macrumors G3

Kilamite

They limited it to invite only again did they not? I had to get an invite and I got my account set up a few days ago.