google video policy???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by amemoryoncelost, Jan 21, 2006.

1. amemoryoncelost macrumors 6502

So I've never used google video or really anything on google besides searching. Someone let me know that a video I made was put on there and someone put there own website address over the entire length of the video. I did a little searching and from what I understand, the only way I can really do much of anything is to get in touch with google by mail or try and get the info for whoever put it up.

Does anyone have any advice for me on this? Should I just let it be, mail google, get ahold of the person putting my video up?

Here is the link to the google site:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6005754980401190287&q=bmx

Here is the original version:
    www.destroybmx.com, click on media and it's the fourth one down called metrojamvideo

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, please move it if it is.

dustin

2. narco macrumors 65816

narco

First off, that's the worst cover of Paint It Black -- ever.

Secondly, have you contacted the website that's on the video? I would contact them first, then google if they don't agree to remove it or whatever. Really sucks when people do that.

Fishes,
    narco.

3. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, a ton of people didn't really like the cover, sorry, lol.

I just emailed him through his site, we'll see if he gets back to me. Then I did a whois search on his site and got his info and his phone number. So we'll see what his reply is to my email, heh.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Your best bet it to act very professional. Don't say you're the site owner, say you're "representing the owned of blah.com". Trust me, they'll take it more seriously.

Good luck!

5. amemoryoncelost thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, if you take a look at his site amplovesyou.net then you will see how serious he is going to take it. I did send him a somewhat professional email asking him if he did post it and if he could take it down. He basically spi tin my face and laughed at me. I did file an infringement form with google, which I have no idea if that will actually do anything, but you never know.
    I'll just be more on top of making sure my URL is sitting right in the middle of anymore videos I post...

6. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

thanksssssss for the warning......