Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack97

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2010
Actually, I'm making fun of all the people who kept saying this in the last Google thread. Think there were about 300 different people who posted it verbatim.

You'd go through the thread. Someone would say something, another guy would reply, then you'd see it.

"Looks like Google's throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks."

Three or four posts would pass, and...

"Looks like Google's throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks."

It was kinda scary.

Sounds like people were throwing comments at the wall to see what stuck ;)

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Actually, the biggest difference to me? This:
"One caveat: The high-quality versions of the songs can't be downloaded for local use — only streamed online. So if you had visions of replacing your old 1999-era, 96 kbps CD rips with shiny new tracks freshly formed by Google, you're in for a disappointment."

iTunes Match saved me hundreds. I took all my old Purchased content, before 256k drm free, and converted them.
I believe that was before they did matching your songs though, I believe now that you don't have to upload your own collection the version you download is at a higher kbps.

I just discovered Google Music the same day I let my iTunes match sub renew. I've been using Google Music on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 all day and love it. I'll still use iTunes Match on my iPhones but I probably won't renew next year. I'm moving away from iPhones and my next phone in a year or so will probably be the next Google Nexus. I like the way Google integrates everything.
True, but some stuff of them is great, some is just meh and prefer apples' take in the software side more than half the time. For hardware I can't see myself using android for my phone, and I can see myself moving from android to an iPad mini or definitely a surface if they firesale it! :)

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
While I'm not that interested in Pixel, if you don't think Project Glass isn't innovative, then I have news for you. I'm glad to see Google trying crazy new things. It's what keeps things interesting and drives innovation. Something we need to see more of here.

So we should just ignore what others are doing? :rolleyes:

The glasses look stupid and pointless as hell.

And on Macrumors, yes. If I care to see what Google is doing, i'll go to a website that isn't specifically named to do Apple rumors/news.

rhuber

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm waiting for some good Google innovation ( hate that word ).

The Glasses and Pixel are interesting but what about innovation in their core competencies?

Why haven't they revolutionized email or calendars?

Why are these products basically the same as they were 15 years ago?

That new iOS Mailbox app looks great, why isn't Google inventing things like that?

I am assuming that was a joke, right?

512ke

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2003
Just a personal observation sparked by this specific article, nothing more. I either gotta quit reading this rumors site (which I have always enjoyed) or unload my AAPL shares. Every other article I read makes me feel like Apple's best days are behind it, Google is up, and Apple is crashing down.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
They are bigger than Apple. They have all the knowledge and information in existence in their data centers. They are the mother ship.

Yeah, all the raw data in the world cant replace good taste.

Google is strictly a technology company. Thats why they will never be as good as Apple.

Breaking Good

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2012
No it wasn't.

Why hasn't email progressed much in the last 15 years? Not from Apple, nor MS, nor Yahoo, nor Google.

What more do you want it to do?

I imagine that email hasn't changed much for the same reason that MS Excel and Word haven't changed much. (OK Microsoft is probably a ad example.). It meets the need for the vast majority of users.

I look at Facebook and Twitter as being progressions of email. All three are electronic communication tools.

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Just a personal observation sparked by this specific article, nothing more. I either gotta quit reading this rumors site (which I have always enjoyed) or unload my AAPL shares. Every other article I read makes me feel like Apple's best days are behind it, Google is up, and Apple is crashing down.

google's best days are behind it as well

driverless cars? OK. one of those stupid geek dreams where they think its a logical thing for people to give up control of a vehicle that won't work in the real world

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Why haven't they revolutionized email or calendars?Why are these products basically the same as they were 15 years ago?

Exactly, mail clients feel so out of place on modern computers. Along with the entire mobile phone network system, they need a massive step forward.

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 51

iGrip

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010
Yeah, all the raw data in the world cant replace good taste.

Google is strictly a technology company. Thats why they will never be as good as Apple.

Nobody has as good taste as Apple. That is why nobody will never be as good as Apple.

And best of all, if one cites the metric "good taste", nobody can really even dispute it, given how subjective the evaluation is. So no matter what else happens, one can always say that Apple is the best. That's because good taste is what matters most, and good taste is in the eye of the fanboi, errr ... the beholder. So Apple will always have good taste and therefore Apple will always be best.

I like it. /s

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
Wow, really?

I think the worst thing about your Mac is infact; you.

iTunes is really bloated though. Do you need a program to do everything And do those things mediocrely? I was using my sister's computer for a bit that had iTunes as the default video player. It took so long to load. Why, oh why use it, when you can use VLC player. And that goes for everything you need to do on a computer. There are much better alternatives out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.