GOP already resorting to dirty campaign tricks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Aug 3, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

item the 1st

item the 2nd

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

"Juuuuuuust kidding! S'matter, can't you take a joke?"

Jesus. Is there no end to number of ways they try to trick voters...and the excuses for it? :mad:

3. emmawu macrumors 6502

Looks like Karl Rove is back in the saddle again.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

This is just tooooo easy! :)
    Threre is by far much to much to scream about, but lets look at some Dem crap....
    http://www.ncgop.org/corruption/

My state is great at it. My favorite, a republican paid to switch to democrat so that black could be voted speaker! BTW they were able to ram rod the lottery in, and of course they are being implicated in lots of $$ scandal by lottery companies and our Dem speaker!:)

Zim, politics is plenty dirty, claiming one party (D or R) is holy is about as silly as it gets.

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Yup.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

find a source other than michelle malkin and i'll have a look at it.

7. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

the report is from American Center for Voting Rights, Who is their chairman?
    The Report
    A rightwing appraisal
    Zim, this is an ugly bunch, neither side has any high ground. Good try.
    (bold emphasis is mine, not part of the report)

8. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

ACVR Report Riddled with Errors and Partisan Spin

you're right, there is crap on both sides. and if you want to post examples of the dems doing crap (though the one you posted is controversial), i'm fine with that.

but i do think it's a mistake to dismiss it all by saying, "both sides do it."

9. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

:rolleyes:

Got better things to do than prove both parties do criminal *****.

10. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I remember back in 2000, before Bush didn't get elected the first time, there were people in my area passing around petitions to get Nader on the ballot here. They had no trouble admitting point blank that 1) they were Bush supporters and 2) every vote for Nader was one vote less for Gore.

Needless to say, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Real democracy in this country has one foot in the grave.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

They're doing in to try and save Santorum's sorry ass in Pennsylvania too.

Apparently every dollar except for something like $50 from the candidate's pocket came from donors who also donate to the GOP.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I'm sure people on both sides do practice this kind of crap. But only one side seems to have institutionalized it as if it were some kind of policy instead of unethical and/or criminal activity.

BTW, I didn't notice that Michelle Malkin byline earlier. Nice catch, zimv20.

And I find it hard to trust a source as unknown as cnsnews.com, especially when it calls itself "The Right News".

13. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

for those not following the Dem senate primary in CT, ned lamont holds a double-digit lead over lieberman. the lieberman campaign has been a trainwreck, and there's still a possibility that, if he loses, lieberman may run as an independent (though polling has soundly demonstrated that's a bad idea).

further, the lieberman campaign has been engaging in dirty tricks for some time now, including fake bumper stickers and rove-inspired attack ads.

but yesterday, when lamont was scheduled to stop in a diner, a number of pro-lieberman forces in disguise beforehand and assaulted the lamont entourage:
    so who is this large man? he's been outed as a DC lobbyist for the chemical and health supplies industry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I (sadly) expect this junk from Republicans, but it's sad to see Lieberman's campaign stoop that low.

Also sad to see Lieberman threaten to run as an independent, thereby knowingly damaging Lamont's chances.

So much for doing what's best for the party or the people.

16. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Pleeeaaaaazzzzzze:rolleyes: