GOP Stealing Ballots

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SPG, Oct 22, 2004.

1. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Absentee Ballot Scam

2. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

That's funny, I didn't see any mention of the GOP in the article.

Of course, it's much easier to toss unsubstantiated accusations around rather than examine what has been going on. You don't suppose it has anything to do with the leaked page from the DNC Voting Handbook in Florida that instructs party officials to go around and collect absentee ballots from constituents, do you?

No, probably not, it's obviously those evil fascist Republican pigs. No point in bothering to find out what's going on.

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, how about this, then?

Charming, eh? And if you get caught....

Do they think we're idiots?? Several unrelated people in different parts of the country all accuse the same company of voter fraud, and it's all made up??

Y'know, I'm almost glad this is happening, because I think the sleaze factor is reaching critical mass. People are beginning to see just how low the GOP can get.

As far as Pasco goes, we all know that it's really Democrats who are stealing ballots from low-income, minority and elderly voters. I mean, who else would do something like that? :rolleyes:

4. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

5. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Ooops, my mistake. Democrats are going around in a district that votes heavily democratic and claiming not to be from the democratic party or campaign, but claim to be "Elections Officials" and then take ballots, even if they're not finished with them, and then they dissappear never to reach the board of elections. Of course, silly me, it has to be democrats doing this. It's just so obvious.

You want the GOP named in election shenanigans? How about this?
    Link to newspaper story

6. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Paid republican thugs to intimidate voters. Disgusting. This whole republican mentality of winning by whatever means neccessary is going way too far. I guess when you get your guy in to the white house by the vote of the supreme court instead of fair elections then you get bolder about pulling this kind of crap. Any self respecting republican, if there are any left, should be ashamed for their party.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Aaaaaa-men! This crapola makes old-style Chicago politics look like the Age of Enlightenment by comparison.

Whatever happened to the Republicans who disagreed with you on a "bigger government"/"less government" basis? Is everything going to be Swift Boat ads, destroyed ballots and toxic radio from now on?

Pitiful!

8. relimw macrumors 6502a

Obviously you can only see republicans cheating...hmm:

For the link happy.

9. relimw macrumors 6502a

As I recall, those were dead democrats that voted in Chicago...

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, and we've got people like Mary Poppins and Dick Tracy registering in this one.

And BTW, it's just as detestable if Democrats are committing fraud. I hope all their asses get thrown in jail, on the right and left. Telling huge, bold-faced lies in these campaigns is stepping right up to the line of legality, but this is stepping over it. This is criminal.

And we wonder why people are so disgusted they don't bother to vote??

11. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

How long before we have to take it to the streets?

When the part of law and order resorts to these thuggish tactics, what is going to come of "the shining light of Democracy."?

12. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

It becomes the iron curtain of tyrrany and eventually the burning fire of revolution.

13. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

You'd think people would be smart enough to revolt against this. You'd think. 9/11 sure did change us. Suddenly we're more willing to give up our freedoms for perceived temporary safety. People need a history lesson before we slip further into the mistakes of our past.

14. uvex macrumors member

happening on both sides

Voters in Jefferson County have received calls from someone posing as an election official and instructing them to throw away their absentee ballots.

A Colorado Springs woman recently received a call from someone claiming to be from Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign who expressed condolences about the death of her husband in Iraq. When the woman said she knew her husband was still alive, the caller said a vote for Kerry would help keep him that way.

Jasmine Montoya, who until last week worked for a Democrat-aligned voter-registration group, said trainers told her that even if people indicated they were already registered, they should encourage them to register again.

15. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

linky-linkity-link?

16. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

The Republican Party may be many a thing. They sure as HELL aren't Grand.

17. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

Uh, yeah. We do that. But we do it for people who have moved and for the people who haven't moved to get them to register as absentee. No big deal. It doesn't mean that you get to vote twice.

18. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

This is interesting, seems the alleged fraudulent registrations by those evil Dems, aren't frauds at all, but the result of repubs not formatting their database correctly.
    AP

19. SPG thread starter macrumors 65816

SPG

20. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Maybe i should go out an challenge all the SUV drivers with GWB stickers at the polls on Tuesday. :)

Sad that money is so involved in politics now. Why would both parties be so interested in winning at all costs. The GOP stinks period. If the DNC had started the same thing, the GOP would be all over them.

21. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I for one never thought that the RNC was alone in doing wrong. They seem to be more concerned about having the "right" people vote IMO.

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not too mention that if you haven't voted in a while, many states drop you from the voter rolls, Some people think that they are still registered.

23. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

My wife and I voted today.. The last day of early voting in NC.

Hopefully the Rebels will beat the Empire in this one..

Cue Imperial March Theme...