GOP'ers in senate stymie attempt to investigate military fraud

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jun 20, 2006.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

nyt

i love how the amendment which was approved "allows" other investigative arms to investigate, but doesn't go so far as actually suggesting the GAO do so.

and other agencies are part of the executive branch, if i'm not mistaken. the senate shirks its oversight duties once again.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Anyone who thinks the Republicans are looking out for this nation ,its people and how it spends OUR dollars are nuts. Just another example of throwing away our $$$.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You gotta love the Rubber-Stamp Republican Congress. The same folks who thought it was a disaster of national proportions when Clinton got a BJ from an intern, and who started literally thousands of investigations while Clinton was in office, suddenly lost their appetite for investigation after Bush was inaugerated.

They don't care about anything except staying in power. If they did, they would investigate the fleecing of Americans. Unfortunately, the fleecers are some of their biggest donors...

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The Republican Congress is filthy dirty. How they voted proves it once more.

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Well, at least you know whose side they're on. Comforting, isn't it?

6. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I think the most infuriating part is that people continue to elect these lying thieves. :mad:

7. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

And yet they pass that meaningless "support the troops" thing the Daily Show parodied yesterday. Also passed right along party lines. They wonder why people think nothing is getting done in this country. :rolleyes: Somehow it's still costing us our future.

I hope they spend millions of dollars on a committee to say nothing's wrong.