Gore: Kerry not Sexy enough to win election

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Neserk, May 18, 2004.

1. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5005246/site/newsweek/

Spoiler, higlight to read.

This is satire

2. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

If they could only get Kerry into some shiny pleather leaderhosen ,a cod piece, and get him to smoke I would be sure he could win the election and embrace the European community at the same time. Maybe he could hold fundraisers where individuals would pay to windex his pleather to combat bush's 7000+$ a plate dinners.

3. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Ever since we got into the TV ad era of politics, the guy with the better looks has had an edge. For instance, those who listened to the Kennedy-Nixon debate on radio thought that Nixon won. Those who watched on TV thought Kennedy had won.

One study done some fifteen years back concluded that most women from the generally-center of the political spectrum, the "uncommitted", tended to vote for the "taller guy with big hands" candidate.

It's pretty hard for a naturally-somber guy to lighten up and make it look real. Folks are pretty smart about judging a personality as to whether or not the behavior is faked. Somebody who's basically got a positive attitude about life can easily be serious about serious things, while otherwise cracking jokes and smiling at folks around him.

'Rat

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Thanks for the tip. :rolleyes:
    The trouble is, the stuff coming out of the WH is so off-the-wall these days, you NEED a disclaimer to tell you if it's satire or not. :eek:

5. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-All

Y,know, this is a good/funny point. I do recall an ex of mine referring to Kerry as 'Lurch'.

6. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Lotta NamVets now coming out and sneering at Kerry, mostly over the Purple Heart issue.

I dunno. I'm not paying any attention to the campaigning, since I don't have to physically do anything until November.

On issues, I don't see Kerry doing any better in Iraq than Bush, as far as that part of foreign stuff, so that's as close to a wash as needs be.

Domestic? Neither can do much about the economy, although Kerry's ideas could well exacerbate the problems. I call it a wash. For stuff of direct and daily interest to me and my life, Bush wins. On other stuff, such as environmental issues, Kerry would do better except that he's more likely to appoint folks who would be regulation-happy, which looks good on paper but doesn't solve all that many problems.

What the heck. Bush' dumb remarks are funnier than Kerry's dumb remarks.

:), 'Rat

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

So that's your criterion for November, is it?

We're DOOMED!! :eek:

8. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

well ya'll aren't (after all you're die faderland) 'cept maybe for possible repatriation
    but if france gets any more Algerians (or other peoples from the middle east or maghreb)
    then they may be

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Which brings us neatly to another point. What exactly might France be doomed to as a result of this immigration? We NEED to learn about Muslim culture, we have much to gain. Or do you fear contamination?

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's actually the best rationale anyone's given yet for voting for Dubya. Unfortunately, giving the writers at SNL fodder for skits isn't *my* primary concern this election season. :rolleyes:

11. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

OT: as a comedy writer, it is my duty to mention that 'skits' is not the approved term, it's 'sketches.'

the PC bandwagon rolls on...

12. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Humble apologies. Pray tell, what's the difference between the two?

13. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

skit makes "it" sound trite. "it" is somewhere between art and craft; writing a good sketch is hard work, a skit is something first graders put on.

when i first started writing, i also was wondering wtf the difference was. now i must admit i get offended if my writing is referred to as a skit.

here ya go, and you get to learn my Real Name in the process

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Ewww. TMI. Don't wash your dirty linen in public.

Good skit. Oops, sketch.... :D :D

15. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"That's actually the best rationale anyone's given yet for voting for Dubya. Unfortunately, giving the writers at SNL fodder for skits isn't *my* primary concern this election season."

For way too many presidential elections I've held my nose while voting "for" somebody, while the reality was I was voting against the other guy. It seems mostly to be that the lesser of two weevils still screws up the corn meal.

There's an old "sorta-joke" that liberals love the 1st and 4th Amendments, but hate the 2nd and 5th; conservatives are the opposite. Aw, yeah, there's a half a grain of truth there, but what it really means is that no matter who's in power, the shafting may be in different arenas--but there will be shafting. That ain't cynicism; that's observation.

But that's why I tend to go dormant on political stuff from time to time, since there are a lots more things to meddle with between now and November.

:), 'Rat

16. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Maybe Kerry can wear a suit made out of the same material that his daughter wore to the Cannes Film Festival ... the one that was transparent to flash photography. :eek:

17. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I had to look her up and find a pic
    she is hot, thank god she doesn't look like her dad

if she wore pleather I would pay to windex her

18. Frohickey macrumors 6502a

Actually, she does.
    Where do you thing that babaloo chin came from???

19. diamond geezer macrumors regular

Wow, I just checked the photo out.

Hummina hummina (sp?)

Perhaps people should just vote on attractiveness of off-spring.

Trust the Republican to have twins! :)