GOSH WOULD APPLE PLEASE STOP!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by runninmac, Jan 31, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

well... not really. it just seams when ever i am for surely (i dont think thats a word) going to get a apple computer like the Mac mini a updated computer comes out like the new Powerbooks. So even thought i cant afford either right now but i will by the end of the summer at the latest i dont no what im going to do becasue apple just keeps on making there products better! have any of you felt this?

edited:caps (sorry didnt want to seem like i was yellin)

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

No. I think you aren't serious about getting an Apple computer. I think anybody can afford a Mac mini if they wanted one bad enough. They could sell some stuff to afford one, but since you seem to be on the fence, I'd say you aren't serious or really have no idea what you would want a mac for.

3. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Well to bad i dont have anything to sell right now! im frickin in highschool curently with no car. If i could get a mac mini right now i would replace it before college but if i was to get a powerbook i would keep it for and during college

4. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

I don't know about anyone else, but I have no clue what you're complaining about. On another note... what grade are you in? I was a sophomore in HS and bought myself a kickass powerbook G4 400MHz. Given your apparant financial constraints, I hope you don't have a job.

5. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

But you can't afford a Mini which is 1/3 the price of a PB.

P.S. Get a job. :cool:

6. vtprinz macrumors 6502

That's kind of a harsh response. Lighten up.

7. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

If it was at all harsh, I think it was because this thread should be in the wasteland.

8. Makosuke macrumors 603

Give the fellow a break--this is probably the wrong section to post this in, but the only thing that he (she?) is complaining about is that Apple makes so many appealing products. Every time you think you've picked the one you want to buy, they release something else cool that you want, too.

And the Mini is dirt cheap, but not everybody in high school has quick access to $500 or so. Not that they can't get it with some work (or parental begging, providing that your family isn't ok financially), but it can take a while, wich is why runninmac said the end of the summer, I assume after working some odd jobs to save up.

9. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I never felt like that, I buy what I need that is all. I am not trying to keep on the cutting edge of technology, since in the end its the work that matters. Bragging about technology is for teens. :)

What I don't like is when I buy an Apple product I have to do an inspection of it, dead pixels, etc.. Since I have had some bad experiences in the past. Other than that its all been positive. :)

10. vtprinz macrumors 6502

The post was nothing but a quick praise for apple. Why bash the poster for it? If you don't think it should have been here, ignore it and it will work its way off the page.

11. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

He has the right to post his opinion just as much as anyone (If approiate). That's what I like about MR. :)

12. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

I was not complaining i was actualy giving a complament about how good of computers apple makes and how when i can afford one i wont no which one to choose becasue theres so many good ones out there sorry but i wasnt meaning to complain. i guess im just bad at exspressing my feelings

PS thanks for all the people that are actucally nice

13. vtprinz macrumors 6502

Didn't seem appropriate, seemed like something that would make a new poster not want to come back to the forum...

We don't want that now, do we :rolleyes:

14. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

I never said thet it was appropriate or not.

15. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

You also need to brush up on the spelling. You won't get a job or into college w/spelling like that......... You'll be stuck using a hand me down Dell..........

16. vtprinz macrumors 6502

:eek:

17. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

:eek: THE HORROR!!! :eek:

18. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Well geez, you're more harsh than I am.

19. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

If you have a job (or had one during the summer), you should get a hundred or so from the taxman. Then there are those lake-effect GR winters... Still a lot of winter left here in MI... We should get a couple more snowstorms and I'd recommend getting a shovel and soliciting the neighborhood with an emphasis placed on the too-cheap-to-get-the-plow-service elderly. It is tax-free coin to boot. In eight weeks, you'll have a Mac Mini and a sleek physique.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. And I'd recommend taking before and after pics of not only your pipes but also your set up - beige Dell box versus the Mac Mini.

Seriously, if you really want this thing you need to develop a game plan and then get your thing together. $479 isn't a lot to scrounge these days.

20. vtprinz macrumors 6502

You know, I tried snow shoveling, leaf raking, and lawn mowing when I was a kid, and maybe I just lived in a really cheap neighborhood, but NO ONE was ever willing to give a kid a measly $5 to shovel/rake/mow

21. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

god yes i know i suck at spelling it "aint" no surprise. But i hope that it wont all add up to me getting a dell that would SUCK!

22. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Blackheart

Wow, now that's super stingy. When I mowed lawns, I could weasel between $10 and $20 depending on the size of the lawn.