Got a 2nd generation iPod touch... What can I use it for?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skylarbrenden, Jul 16, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Jul 14, 2013
    Well, I already I came across a free 2nd generation iPod touch.... And I don't know what I can do with it, lol. It's just so old. Right now I'm using it strictly for music, because that's all that I really need it for. It won't even run my Bank apps because it can only go up to iOS 4.2.1 ...

Is there anything that I can really use this for? Besides music?
  2. macrumors G3

Aug 24, 2009
  3. macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Apr 3, 2012
  4. macrumors newbie

Dec 9, 2011
  5. Jessica Lares, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oct 31, 2009
    Near Dallas, Texas, USA
    There are iOS 2/3/4 games and apps still in the store. I'll make you a list with links.
  6. macrumors 6502

Dec 5, 2010
    Montreal, Canada
    I have an old 1st generation iPod Touch. I was never able to get rid of it, followed me everywhere I went back in the days. I though about it and found something for it to do: I basically transferred all my iPhoto pictures on it and now use it as a display for my pictures. Use the slideshow and your old iPod becomes your masterpieces' frame! :D
  7. thread starter macrumors member

Jul 14, 2013
    Please lol

Lol I mighty be able to do that, but I don't really have any nice pictures besides some that I took with my iPhone 5 on the beach that I edited with iPhoto right on the phone. They look AMAZING. Like something out of a magazine or on a background for OSX lol.

So, that wouldn't really work for me
  8. macrumors 6502

Apr 1, 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    I have an old iPod that sits in a nice speaker dock and never moves. I'd imagine that if I had a touch, I'd have a Spotify subscription. I'd probably just stick in a dock and connect it straight to a stereo system. Docks are cheap on ebay.