Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VanneDC

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Nice mate, I payed at least triple that for mine. But then again, mine mint :)
Did you get the 256mb 6600 or the 128mb le card?
What are your plans for the box?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I am actually planning to use it as my main desktop Mac, as I sold my iMac to make rent, but thankfully, cashflow is now coming back, which allowed me to go out "Mac-ing" for a bit...and then stumbled upon this beauty on Craigslist.

I had $500 budgeted towards my new "used" Mac to replace my iMac, then when surfing Craigslist, I saw an ad for a PowerMac G5 that "he did not know works" and was "untested and as-is"...for just $80, I took the risk anyway.

It was missing the hard drives and RAM, I found some RAM, and put in a hard drive, and she works! :)

Next purchase next month would be two 20" Alum. ACDs to go with this beaut...and it is nice to have a machine to encode with instead of using my MacBook. I also plan on maxing out the RAM.

I installed a copy of Final Cut Express 4 I got from the school, and it works beautifully. I couldn't be happier with my new used-Mac :)

Attached is a picture of the About This Mac screen, and this is what I have in it right now.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 48
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.