Got a solution to Intelligent design debate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DerChef, Apr 13, 2006.

1. DerChef macrumors 6502

DerChef

Right here goes.

Teach intelligent design in Science Classes BUT

Those who want this put into the school curriculum have to give an example of the Intelligent Designer ;)

Only as an example mind, so as no problems with seperation of church and state ;) ;)

That person is......................

WAIT FOR IT

ALLAH (swt) !!!!:D

Sorted:cool:

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I believe he is trying to subvert the fundamentalists pushing for ID in the science classroom by allowing ID to be taught but by using Allah as an example of the intelligent designer instead of God.

4. DerChef thread starter macrumors 6502

DerChef

Exactly;)

One thing though "Allah" is simply arabic for God, Christian arabs like Maronites refer to God as Allah as well :)

5. toontra macrumors 6502

Good point. If you allow the teaching of creationism, then which creator do you give pre-eminence to? Surely if the idea is to be equitable between faith & science, then all faiths should be represented. Why just the predominant one in the home country? That's neither scientific, equitable or logical!

Alternatively, just keep this b***ocks out of the classroom altogether.

PS The police have just arrested someone in the UK who was going around promising honours for those donating large sums to new academy schools, many of which are faith-based and support the teaching of cretonism (sorry, intelligent design).

6. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I realize that Allah and God are technically both exactly the same deity with a difference in who the prophets are believed to be. Both Allah and God are the god of Abraham. But some of the fundamentalists do not quite grasp this concept. Which is a bit odd since most of them seem to have read at least up to Leviticus in the Bible. :)

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i have a solution, too. how about we deny evolutionary advancement for those who don't believe in it.

oh wait, that's already happening.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Between not believing in seatbelts (I've heard people swear they'd never wear one because they heard from somewhere you're more likely to die wearing one), secondhand smoke effects and eating healthy, I'd like to think natural selection would be weeding it out.

Since they also don't believe in contraception or abortion, I do wonder how the overpopulation angle plays into it with these types, and global warming isn't quite as selective in its termination potential.

9. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'm not saying they'll be selected to die off, only that humans will eventually be two different but related species. perhaps we'll keep them as pets. or slaves. fear of divine retribution is a powerful motivator.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I think a touch of interbreeding will keep that from happening.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have a solution as well:

Take everyone who believes in ID and lock them up in a mental institution :D

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'd make a comment about them already being slaves because of their naivety, but they wouldn't get it anyway. Personally, I'm thinking we'll just find some other planet and leave them to destroy this one. You think Earth was the Alabama of the Universe before...