Got a tibook off ebay

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by ppcfanforever1, Dec 31, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

ppcfanforever1

Hey i got a powerbook g4 titanium as a hobby computer, any applications or games recommended? Its an 800mhz with 1gb of ram. Oh and happy new years! From 2012 :D

2. macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

please repost this in the powerpc forum you will find a lot more help there

but otherwise congrats on your purchase and happy new year:cool:

3. thread starter macrumors regular

ppcfanforever1

K thanks man. And I wanted to know if this would be the right spot to post a thread about my mac os 10.0 in box (Envelope Thing) with manuals just to show I have it and that its cool and stuff with pics?

4. macrumors 6502a

Ariii

What OS is it running? 10.4 has a lot more software options than older versions of Mac OS X. This is a good list of web browsers that might work on your TiBook :). Bean and AbiWord are pretty good text editors, and MuseScore is a good music notation editor. I'm guessing you've heard of MacTubes. zen.state has posted a G4-optimized version of mplayer that plays .mp4 files much better than QuickTime. Also, VLC is a pretty good media player.

ThemePark is a good app for changing the interface

5. thread starter macrumors regular

ppcfanforever1

It has no os i have to replace the hdd im going to install 10.4 then install 10.5 with leopard assist. I use camino but people were also telling me about one called aurafox and some other one named after a metal, im too lazy to look cause im on a g3 and it will take forever to see the page. And yeah I use MacTubes.