got a wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by darkwing, Mar 31, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

So I was playing TP in a store a couple days ago, and that wasn't a broken controller like the first time I played it and it was pretty cool. I started thinking about how much fun you can have with a new method of control, but sadly the GameStop I was in just didn't have any Wiis. Fortunately, the person behind the counter made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. I give him $300, plus my PS3, and I get the Wii, 4 Wiimotes/Nunchucks, WW, TP, Wii Sports, and Excite Truck. So I took it home and had a total blast with it! I had friends over today for a Wii sports party and it was a blast. Even all our moms, who aren't gamers, came by and played with us.

Needless to say if anyone is trying to decide between a Wii and a PS3 I'd go for the Wii. It's way more fun, and there's nothing at all wrong with the graphics. It's been 11 years, but it looks like I'm back in Nintendo's pocketbook for keeps! I can't wait for Mario Galaxy to come out. :D

2. macrumors 604

zap2

:D

Yup, the Wii is great! I'd say take a look at The Godfather for the Wii, its a blast, very good use of the controls in a game.

Edit---After doing the math, I'm not to sure this is true!

3. macrumors 68020

That's an interesting deal you got! Considering the PS3 is nowhere near as difficult to find, I think people should consider seeing if EBGames/GameStop will offer them a similar deal.

4. macrumors 604

zap2

But a PS3 is 600(or 500)USD, plus 300...thats 900/800 for 640 worth of stuff(if you got 4 "full" controllers, plus a 5th inside the box)

5. macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Well, different strokes for different folks I guess; I would definitely refuse that deal in a heartbeat.

I think you got screwed over, and I don't even like the PS3. Your whole PS3 package is worth maybe what, $500? + $300 cash that you gave him? You think that a Wii with 4 Wiimotes and a few games is worth $800? Wow.

I guess you wanted that Wii REALLY bad.

6. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Yeah.. I really don't understand how that was a deal you couldn't refuse..? You got jipped!

7. macrumors 68020

Hm... Good point. Didn't do the math when I replied.

8. macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Yeah that was a terrible deal, but if you are happy with your purchase then I guess that's all that matters.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

I realize money wise it wasn't the best deal, but at least I managed to get one. I made out better than others. Besides, the controllers seem harder to find than the systems. I think the guy had another Wii and wanted to pick up a ps3 cheap. I will probably get another ps3 later when there's more games.

10. macrumors 68030

risc

Wow this is 1 of the dumbest things I've heard. You seriously did this?

Nah seriously April fools joke right?

11. macrumors 6502

I think April Fools. Or just a fool in April...just kidding...not really slandering you...please don't ban me ;)

For 800 bucks I could have shipped you two Japanese Wiis or a Jap and US one...I think April Fool's for sure. If not you have plenty of disposable income.

Paul

12. macrumors 68000

echeck

Ha ha ha!

Riiiiiight... Mr. Hardcore PS3 fan himself getting together all his friends and their non-gaming moms to play the Wii.

I've got a bridge to sell you too. :)

13. macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

14. macrumors 6502

HydroMan

Oh yeah don't forget to buy one of these for your Wii.

15. Guest

Sky Blue

Lame april fools.

16. macrumors member

I hope this is a joke, that's was too stupid of a deal for anyone to pull. PS3 probably equals all the stuff he gave you.

17. macrumors 65816

Chone

Nah I actually thought it was funny plus people were fooled so that automatically makes it a great April's Fools.

18. Guest

Sky Blue

19. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes a lot of people were fooled, but you guys weren't. I figured this thread would be moved over to console war, because it shows the intelligence of your average Wii owner. ;)

It was fun though.

20. macrumors P6

twoodcc

21. macrumors Core

Dagless

Which is terribly ironic as it seems the people who don't frequent the Games board and non-Wii fanboys believed it.

22. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

You were certainlly off on your assessment. Now step back and look at the irony of your statement. :)

<]=)

23. macrumors 604

zap2

Ya because even if ever Wii owner on the forums believed you(which they didn't) that still wouldn't be .01% of all Wii owner.:rolleyes:

24. macrumors Core

Dagless

Sorta backfired didn't it?

25. macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Yep. :)

I noticed that your post came to pretty much the same conclusion as me, but beat me to the punch. I took longer because I had to edit out all of my extra profanity. :eek:

<]=)