Got gear?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

So...have you gotten any bumper stickers, lawn signs or T-shirts yet?

I just got a shipment of bumper stickers myself. Two are simply pro-Kerry, but a third says, "Vote Bush Out...While You Still Can", and a fourth says, "Paying Attention, Outraged, and Definitely Not Voting for Bush".

In my town it's interesting...lots of pro-Kerry lawn signs, but few pro-Bush...whereas the car bumper sticker situation is the opposite: lots of pro-Bush stickers, but few pro-Kerry.

Maybe it's because the pro-Kerry people can no longer afford cars. ;)

Anyway, I'm interested in hearing from the Bush, Kerry and Nader camps. Are you displaying your allegience anywhere?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i'll wear my t-shirt around. it gets comments, both good and bad. NOTE: the picture is not of me, but a friend w/ the same t-shirt. i am not nearly that cute :)

Attached Files:

3. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

We've got an official Kerry-Edwards sticker on my wife's car. The other day I saw little square sticker, just a "W" with a slash through it. I'd put one of those on my car if I could find one.

4. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i have a john kerry pin and a kerry-edwards pin and i have worn the first one two or three times, but overall i don't advertise

i live in liberal northern california so the kerry-edwards advertising is everywhere...if the election were based on what i saw in terms of stickers, i would say kerry would decimate bush

but i suppose in the south, the bush stickers and signs make it look like a bush landslide

it seems strange that most people are lukewarm and don't really care and the winner will barely be more popular than the loser...again

it will take a reagan or a clinton to mobilize america to embrace one party or the other

if bush wins and he serves all eight years, it will be hard to look back on the 00's and say bush owned them...his support seems weak and many republicans who voted for him didn't do so with the same enthusiasm as they did for reagan

but it's easy to say that the 90s were ruled by clinton and the 80s were ruled by reagan

my guess is after bush runs his course, either in jan 05 or 09, the gop will have to rebuild and find a new hero...the dems could go with hilary clinton and she could be the next popular president that has supporters from both sides

i also think john edwards has the potential of becoming a major figure in the future, whether it's after being kerry's vp, or if he has to supplant the gop in 2008 after a likely unpopular bush-cheney administration and an america still in recession

everything goes in cycles when it comes to a party dominating the political scene and probably has little to do with the efforts of the party bosses and campaigns

if the dems come in after the gop and are unable to turn the economy around, the time may be ripe for a 3rd party

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The real political fault lines in California aren't north-south, they're coastal-interior and rural-urban. The Central Valley and eastern California are strongly Republican and the coastal areas and the big cities (with the notable exceptions of Orange and San Diego counties) are Democratic strongholds.

Hillary Clinton with support from both sides? Sorry but you're making me laugh over here. I can't imagine anything more polarizing than a Second Coming of Clinton.