Got Halo last night!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Foxer, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Picked it up at the Apple Store. I asked when it would arrive (it wasn't on the shelf). They looked at each other and said they just had some delivered by FedEx, but thought they were all spoken for. One of the clerks went in the back to ask what to do and came out with one.

Installation is ongaoing as I type...

2. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Awesome! Tho I'm probably going to hold out getting this game until I hear some reviews. Tell us how it runs on your machine!

3. wbrowne1 macrumors member

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I played Halo on the PC and everything was pretty much the same except for minor graphical details here and there. I have Halo on the Xbox and the best part about Halo are the multiplayer maps (Blood Gulch w00t!).

5. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

6. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Haha, where have you been living, under a rock? ;)

7. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

Is halo written in Open GL, or is it a DirectX port over to PPC?

8. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Judging from the fact that it's been 10hours since his original post, the game either rocked on his machine, or rocked his machine (into not booting up). ;)

9. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Just got my copy and its very good except one thing? how the heck you assign keystrokes to command,option & control keys? i have tried and tried but Halo wont except those keys. i use the arrows for movement in all my first person shooters. This is very Lame.

10. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

This bugs the hell out of me too, you can't.

Also, I believe Bungie lied when they said it runs great on a G5... I can barely run it at 1024x768 on my 1.8 GHz G5 w/ a gig of RAM and a Radeon 9600 Pro... I feel bad for some of the powerbook and iMac users you try to play this game.

11. ChronoIMG macrumors regular

ChronoIMG

Plays great on my 12" PB Rev B. You just can't expect this game to run at 1024x768 and frankly it's unnecessary due to how they handle the switching. Turn down the model detailing and the lens flare, turn up the textures, vertex shaders, and particles and have fun :)

Vertex shaders are your friend.

12. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

MODERATORS

If you are going to delete my post the least you could do is PM and explain why, but i think i know already.

If its "that" bad then why not PM me anyway, it seems such a faceless act when you don't know who did it because you cannot complain.

Sucks.

It was a legit complaint as well.

13. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Perhaps you should rephrase whatever you were saying Crackedbutter, anyways i just cant believe a triple A game can be released without allowing the user to use some of the most convient and largest keys on the keyboard? this should have been corrected a long time ago in the PC Port let alone our version. Please anyone using those option,control and command keys E-mail Macsoft and let them know this needs correcting. every decent first person shooter does but Halo? Come on Macsoft. Fix those controls.

14. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Halo and AvP2

Got both Halo and Avp2 today. Halo is far smoother to play. I need more RAM for AvP2. Can't review very well yet but AvP2 seems scarey and Halo seems fun. Neither is ground breaking but both are old really.

17 inch iMac 800 - 256 RAM