Got me a new Mac....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kbonnel, Oct 11, 2004.

1. kbonnel macrumors 6502

So, I have been using my Powerbook G4 1.5 SD for over six months now, and have loved every second. I have always wanted a stand alone machine, but didn't want to spend $$$$ on a new G5. So I just won a bid for a G4 :)

Here were the specs:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5129676013&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT

What I am hoping, is that it is a Dual Processing box (as the sticker says). I believe it is a Gigabit model, as it meets the standard config of a DP450 GE power mac.

I am so looking forward to having 2 macs (and 3 when I eventually by my G5)

Sorry, I am just stoked (hopefully it works without a problem)

Kimo

2. Elan0204 macrumors 65816

Elan0204

I just took a look at the eBay auction and it seems like they missed the fact they were selling a dual processor computer. I would expect that it is a dual computer as it has the "DP" on the sticker. Seems like you got a pretty good deal.

You'll have to report back and let us know how things end up.

edit: I just noticed that you are in Sweden. I hope the seller is OK with shipping overseas, because in the auction he says he ships to the U.S. and Canada.

3. kbonnel thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, I travel a lot (live in the States and Sweden, but mostly Sweden). I love taking international assignments.

I called Apple, and gave them the serial number, and they confirmed it was a DP machine. Hopefully there is nothing "weird" about the machine, like somebody replacing the DP for a SP.

I hope to have it soon (I am going back to the States real soon, so I will be able to play with it).

The only thing that I don't like, is if I open the box up (to add stuff/etc) it voids the 30 day warranty. I guess I will load OSX on it, test the heck out of it, and if all looks good, open it up and upgrade the ram.

Kimo

4. yippy macrumors 68020

yippy

They don't exactly know what they have. It says you can download drivers from dell.com. LOL :p

5. kbonnel thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw the dell in there too :)

Hopefully I don't actually get a dell :eek:

Kimo