got me phone today :P

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by daniel77, Apr 1, 2003.

1. macrumors 6502

I got me a cellphone today, so happy, it has the internet, all the crap load of features most phones have and it looks tight. too bad the syncing software wont work with my old pb.

its a Kyocera 5135 :p

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

what, no color screen? ;)

i got a Motorola T720 not too long ago... it's my first time with WAP access as well... the last time i had a cell phone was years ago, it's greatest feature was the ability to display more than one line... of course, it was pointless as i could only use it for basic phone functions :)

i just wish the damn thing had bluetooth built in... or a camera... i think i can get add-ons for both, but still...

so how do you like kyocera? i've heard both good and bad about them--

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

the t720 isntr that reeeealy small curvy one is it? actually i think thats the cxx1 model. i respect kyocera they offer good phones at pseudo-decent prices. and unfortunately the only colorphone they offer (at my provider) is a 300 dollar one from motorola. i need the minutes more, so i went withr Qwest (1000 anytime for 40 dollars) but since they offer good deals on minutes, they dont offer an incredible selection. that is the hit you have to take.
    like sprint offers excellent phones but for 40 dollars/mo you get 15 minutes a monthj :D

6. macrumors 65816

ibookin'

The $300 one from Qwest is the same phone paulwhannel has. It is the T720 and I think Paul got it for $200.

Personally, I have an Audiovox CDM-9500, which cost me $20 after rebate. Color screen, great reception, USB connectivity... I love it, even though it's a little big. :D

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

if i went with sprint or verizon that was the phone i was going to get, the audiovox.

8. macrumors 65816

ibookin'

Sprint doesn't have the CDM-9500 in my area. I have Verizon service and it's great. It is so much better than the GSM services most of my friends have.

9. macrumors 68040

mac15

looks like a nice phone, but my t68i will kill thats thing any day of the week :D

10. macrumors 65816

ibookin'

As will my CDM-9500, my girlfriends T68, pauls T720... :D

No, it looks like a good phone and a solid performer. If you'll remember it was the one I recommended in your price range. I had a Kyocera 2135 before my Audiovox and it worked well. Good luck with your phone... I love mine.

11. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm going to make this a second warning regarding your posting/threads (your other thread is wastelanded)

I'm happy u got a new phone, but 3 posts within a few minutes of each other with pictures is useless posting... :rolleyes:

12. macrumors 68020

I'm not that happy with the T68i.

Bluetooth - great! Color screen - good, but who needs it? Organizer features - poor. Ringer/audio features - poor. Phone usability - fair.

The worst problem with the T68i is that the phone is too small. The buttons are only 1/8" high! I have to carefully press them with a fingernail. And why does it need so many? 16 buttons, a joystick and a slide switch.

Once more phones are supported in iSync, and the to-do list feature of iCal gets a lot of much-needed work, I want to get a phone which has bigger keys, bigger screen and better usability.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

how are you supposed to attach images? is there a way to post more then one image per post? I was just trying to show the phone off :) I am sorry but with all fairness I have seen many other people do similar actions, trust me I am not spamming, I am generally excited that I am getting a new piece of tech :D :cool:

-Daniel

I have used the t68i and even with all its features i think its size severely detracts from its overall appeal :(

Thanks to everyone who replied with what they have too :cool:

14. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

sorry daniel i agree with eyelkeart some of your posts have no content. The moderators decide who is spamming not indivdual users. Two wrongs don't make a right and i would hope u heed this warning

15. macrumors 604

iJon

you should have seen his last thread. he cussed at me left and right. and then he writes me private messages complaining ever more. this 15 year old really has a temper problem.

iJon

16. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

that is weird which thread or did it get edited?

17. macrumors 604

iJon

edited.

iJon

18. thread starter macrumors 6502

can this thread be closed? It sux that I cannot even start one innocent thread.

19. macrumors 604

iJon

lol

iJon

20. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

why would it need to be closed, typically when discussions are done they fade into the background. Of course you cna start one innocent thread but ppl become concerned when you start multipel innocent threads some with purpose some without.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502

this thread has a purpose. atleast as much as any, oh look i just bought an ibook thread.

22. macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i agree this thread kind of has a purpose as much as the one your gave as example. One without purpose would be "300th post". That was the point i was making.

23. macrumors 603

janey

how can you love it? it's this gigantic thing the size of your house :D
    okay that's only when i compare your cell phone with my T68i :)
    as for the size of my cell phone, it just makes it easier to hide in my backpack or in my hand so i won't get in trouble for using it especially in my math class :p
    just wonderin...since when have i been your girlfriend?!

24. thread starter macrumors 6502

to quote yourself is a bit pretentious no? that is like making people call you doctor if you have obtained your doctorate :D

25. macrumors 604

iJon

daniel, i also find it funny that you pm'd me asking what the rank levels are on macrumors. to me it sounds like you are trying to build up your posts with unwanted spamming, just assuming though, im sure you will prove me wrong.

iJon