got my dell 2405fpw today...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tekmoe, Mar 6, 2006.

1. tekmoe macrumors 68000

holy moly, this thing is UNREAL! it is OFF THE HOOK!@#$

can't believe i have been missing out on this awesome screen. i have been wanting one of these for soooooooooo long. last friday, they went on sale for $799. i was tempted to buy one until i saw some coupon codes come out which made me pull the trigger. one was a $60 off $500 and another one was a $25 off $100 for any DPA purchase. i also used fatwallet fatcash for another 3% the total order. AND THEN on top of all that, i saved another 2% as another DPA bonus. my total out the door price using my DPA was $757. i have to wait 120 days to get back the 3% fatcash from fatwallet but that is another $25.

very very VERY happy with my purchase. i have it delivered to work and i am using it right now on a dell gx620 with the vga. can't wait to get this baby home and hook it up to my dualcore powermac via dvi. oooooohhhhhhh yeah!

if you are thinking about buying this monitor, DO IT. DO IT NOW.

btw, no dead pixels and very evenly lit backlight. it is sooooooo awesome! :) :) :)

2. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

3. tekmoe thread starter macrumors 68000

just a note for anyone who may have already purchased this monitor or is looking at purchasing one...

after you hook it up, go into the display calibration and change the gamma to 2.2 instead of the default which is 1.8. it looks MUCH MUCH better. very rich and pure. on 1.8, it looks slightly washed out.