Got my Dual gig machine 10 minutes ago!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by midiman, Jan 30, 2002.

1. midiman macrumors newbie

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

congrats! let us know how it goes! What did you upgrade from?

arn

3. midiman thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, it is actually replacing a beige g3/266 that died a month ago, but I also have a g4/500 that will be moving over to general duty, and the dual gig will go in my recording studio.

4. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Congrats

COOL I want it SO BAD! What kind of moniter? 15in, 17in or 22in FP? Have fun with it and be sure to show off to your windows buddies!

5. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

congrats...

Congrats... thats a hell of a Mac!!

6. midiman thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Congrats

I'm using 2 crt monitors - I was actually very lucky, I ordered mine during the last monitor promotion that gave me a free mitsubishi 17"(actually $300 off the $259 price), and even though that promotion was cancelled at midnight on the 27th, I still got the deal. I didn't want to pay the extra for an apple lcd, cool though they are.

7. liven2 macrumors regular

I got mine about 3 hours ag)

I just ordered by duel gig (512mb ram version) about three hours ago.. It is replacing my beige G3 266 (has a 450 zif in it).. I also got the 17 inch LCD, formac studio, the sounds stics, extended warrranty, and almost got the Ipod but backed out,, maybe later... Weeeeeee I can hardly wait..... Been 5 years since new computer and Im so ready!!!!!!

I will not sleep for like a week ! It will problay take that long to arrive week to week and a half....

Anybody have some good branded sleeping pills?? I may need em..
    weeeeeeeee!

8. GigaWire macrumors 6502

That must be so exciting to make a leap like that!!!
    I'm waiting for 1.5 gHz + before I do, and damn I bet i'll detect something of a difference too!!!

Holding out is worth it eventually.

9. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one who's feeling rather envious :p

10. liven2 macrumors regular

MidiMAn how long did it take ??

How long did it take for your machine to arrive??? I ordered mine today and see it is upto five days but hopes it comes faster!!!

11. TazGuido macrumors newbie

finally got my 1st mac

i finally left the dark side about 5:30 pm on 1/30/2002 -- my 1st mac ever a g4 867 w/Superdrive 256 Ram and 40 Gb 56k modem fresh out of the box and what a great deal @ $1799. the people at the apple store were so helpful and almost as happy as i was that i was switching from a pc to a Mac!!! took me 20 minutes to get it completely up and going at fully power and all i can say is wow!!!:D :) :) i have waited too long to do this--

12. Six macrumors regular

Re: finally got my 1st mac

Welcome to your new home :) Should you need any help getting ajusted, most any of us are pretty good at answering questions :)

13. lilscoy macrumors member

Counting down the days... :)

I'm with you guys! I just ordered a dual 1ghz last night....I really hope it comes sooner than they say!!! :) Can't......fall.....asleep....

14. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Pfft! What are all you people getting so excited about? It's just a DP 1 GHz Power Mac...

Ahh, just kidding! I would love one of those little babies! I hope everyone who gets one enjoys it for many years to come.

Oh, and have a game of Q3A for me. Or just run a PS filter or something! ;)

15. lilscoy macrumors member

Slow shipping?

Anyone know how long it really is taking to ship these??? I ordered mine a few days ago and it hasn't moved on from the first step ("Being Reviewed"). I thought that by now it would be in the "Being Assembled" stage. And even so, it says that the Panel should ship in 1-2 days...and it hasn't!!! :( Am I just being really impatient...and anxious...and excited? Or is it a little slow? I guess if it's slow because they have SO many orders to fill, that's ok because I'm proud of Apple. I'm just so excited!!!! :) Anyway...

16. midiman thread starter macrumors newbie

The big variable in the shipping has been if you customized your order or not. Originally, I dropped the modem off my order, since I have no use for it, but the rep told me it would ship next day if I got a stock one, but it would be 10 BUSINESS days if I stayed with the customized one.

Gee - what to choose? pay the 27 bucks for a useless modem and get it 1-2 days, or save the 27 bucks and get it in 2.5 weeks?

You guys are gonna love it!!! OSX finally feels totally responsive for the first time.

17. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

replacing 266 G3....

u are going to think u died and went to heaven.... :p

18. crassusad44 macrumors 6502a

congrats!

wish I had the money for a dual ghz, but I scored a great deal on a dual 800, $1999! gettin' it tomorrow... can't wait!

yahoooooo!

19. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Welcome to the light side:)

I would like to welcome everyone who has converted from the dark side. I hope you enjoy your new Macs and they will give hours of fun, and it won't be interupted by a crash. Enjoy.

20. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I'm jealous of u too.... ;)

21. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hehe

I am jealous of just about anything here on my G3 (Rev D.) iMac!:D :cool: :) :rolleyes:

22. networkman macrumors regular

and likewise from my 300 ibook and my 366 compaq pc i am on now which is like a mac at 133 mhz

eye, congrats on the 9 hundred mark

what will happen at 1000?

23. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

CONGRATS!!!!!

I can't wait for yas to post some pics of your setup... nice machines :)

Welcome to Mac and DP machines!

I have a dp800, and cinema display, paid full price and god am I envious, lol, I coulda had so many toys if I waited 5 months.

But 5 months was worth it.. I went from a Pentium 75mhz laptop to dual 800, YEAH!!! IT'S LIKE you're dreaming!!!

We're getting my older brother an imac 700 combo for his birthday present, funny he doesn't even know (psssst... it's a surprise!)

Me and my cinema display... I'd rather get a 733 and cinema display than dual 1ghz and 15" lcd.

It's just sooo cool :)