Got my Euro wii

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Dec 7, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I picked up my Euro Wii a couple of hours ago.

Zelda, Rayman, Wii Play + Remote, MonkeyBall

They did not have Wii component cables and getting them in the UK or Eire is gonig to be as much of a nightmare as it was in the states.

I had to buy an RGB scart to tide me over. Not paying €500+ for a console and games to put up with a god damn awful composite connection.

Games were €60 each, But Zelda was €65 (same price as 360 games are in the shops these days, Viva Pinata is €51.99 new in Harvey Normans here for example).

Hopefully the price of the games will fall as I think they are over priced.

Only had time to take the machine out of the packaging, will post updated impressions later maybe.....

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Very nice :)

Must be an Ireland thing only, in the UK even high street shops are selling Zelda at 39.99 (usual GC price).

Got an email that my extar controller+nunchuck won't be here tomorrow... hopefully by xmas :eek:

3. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Wasn't too bad as I have 10% loyalty card, so it brings them down to €54 generally (play.com are 52.99/56.99)

I've tried ringing around to get component cables but to no avail.

3rd party ones arent available yet either.

The store only got enough wii's to cover pre-order. They thought they would get at least the pre-orders and the same amount again on top of that.

BUNDLES

They were heavily trying to push bundles though which didnt go down well with one of the people collecting theres. So much so that they didn't bother taking it :rolleyes:

Didn't bother me.

€320 cheapest bundle for a Wii + any game (which was ok I thought, thats €10 saving or €15 if you choose Zelda - assuming you didnt use your loyalty card).

First Impressions are good. Hooked it up and turned it on, that's about it so far as I just have too much work to finish to enojy it, but should get a some quality play time in tonight :)

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah loyalty cards. Everytime I buy something from GAME I always give them my postcode and such and they stick on some more points. I mean it's building up since Treasures of the Deep on the PS1 so I must be filthy rich at GAME now :D

When you do get your component cables be sure to see if Cube games will work with them. Nintendo haven't given me a crystal clear answer to whether or not it will be fine.

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Stopping doing that soon. :(

I always carry my card like, but its a bit of a PITA when you forget it.

6. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

you lucky sod!!

i bet you're up and running now playing tennis!!

that's if you haven't smashed your tv screen yet :p

hope you enjoy the wii.. can't wait to spend my weekend playing it.. even my 2 yr old will have fun :)

7. takao macrumors 68040

takao

Zelda Price here : 54,99 €
    Wii Play: 44,99 € (boy i hope they have enough in stock)
    Wii Console + GT Racing game (which is crap): 279 €

there was some other game for 55 € and rampage for 30 € and the rest 60 €

sadly they aren't breaking street day around here (only in vienna because they made an error in an ad and now have to sell it early)
    i'm going to look out in the smaller stores if they are selling some games early ...

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

We just had our single Wii console plus Zelda delivered to our shop.

I'm so tempted to buy it! :D

9. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

what? u mean its not on ebay yet? :eek: :D

10. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

How come you got yours a day early, I thought EU release day was tomorrow? Not fair!! :p

11. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I couldn't...

Could I?

12. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

Just went into my local GAME - they wouldn't take the rest of payment in advance of tomorrow (which is a PITA as my gf is part-giving me the Wii for xmas).

Anyway, they already hold all of the stock for preorder waves 1 and 2, and were asking (I mean pushing, actually) if I wanted anything additional to add to the order, so they can bag things up before tomorrow morning. I took the Wii Play because I need the extra controller, but I can't really afford any other games before Christmas unless I get them as gifts from my family!

13. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

I know its wrong but.... you could always speak to your manager about selling it and splitting the profits...

Although if I really wanted one (which I do) then I'd just buy it for myself and forget the whole eBay thing (which I have done).

14. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

me too.. i buy things i WANT..

i very rarely (if ever) buy things solely for selling and profitting on..

15. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Yeah, its not usually a good plan with me since by the time I actually get around to putting them up on eBay, their value tends to have dropped!! Ebaying stuff is *such* a hassle!!

16. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

i dont mind selling stuff on ebay, but it's all the postage and packing that does my head in (for larger items)..

like.. if i were to get a new tv, how the hell am i gonna get rid of my current 32" 90kg set? lol!!

17. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well some shops here are breaking the restriction already. dont really see the big deal, they have the machines, they are not going on general sale really as they barley have enough to fill pre-orders...

Just seems a bit anal the whole thing really...

nope I've connected it and turned it on, but havent even loaded a game. Got to finish a 36 page brochure for a client by tomorow :(

18. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I was joking!!! :D

There is no way that that Wii is going on eBay. If it's leaving the shop, I'm the one carrying the bag with a grin on my face!

19. takao macrumors 68040

takao

no systems on sale yet (they keep the street date for that)
    but games are available like call of duty, zelda, tony hawk, super monkey ball, 4x4, red steel

also some stores already have accesories on sale but since they will get 5€ cheaper tomorrow i put back wii play on the shelf

in "my" store they had 60 preorders and got 75 systems
    in the other 2 they didn't have any free system lefts but got less preorders
    in toys'r'us i could see around 12-15 brown boxes standing around with RVL on it so is suspect they'll get around 40-50 too