Got my first mac today, now need a travel case

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by falcon1, Jul 26, 2006.

1. falcon1 macrumors regular

falcon1

I got my Macbook Pro in the mail today that my dad ordered me and he got the 15.4 inch screen but updated the hard drive and memory. I am flying up to see my dad in New Hampshire, his up there on business, and I need a case with a shoulder strap to carry it in. I don't need anything fancy just something to hold the laptop and the power cord and maybe my ipod dock. I'm willing to spend about $60 to $70 for one.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I have the Wenger Impuse notebook case. I'm happy with it and I only paid $30 at Circuit City after mail-in rebates. :)
    EC.AVS.WA742602F00.JPG.jpg

Link

3. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

4. musicalmcs8706 macrumors regular

The MacBook Pro is a widescreen so it might not fit. I have a messenger bag that can hold 15" screens, and my MBP barely fits. I'd get one designed for the MBP if you can.

5. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

6. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

as someone on in these forums once said:

"I loves me some Crumpler."

7. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1

Those are above my price range. I'm not going to use it that much to spend over $100.

8. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Bought an Orangey one at the Apple Store for 70 dollars... it has stm on it... lol iono what that means but I like it :) for my MBP :D

9. madog macrumors 65816

madog

If you buy a traveling backpack or suitcase for your laptop may I also suggest you purchase an INCase [or is it NCase] for your laptop as well. It is pretty much just a cover/case for your laptop that is thick enough to be used as a heatsink when you actually use your laptop on your lap. And since those intels get super hot it's pretty nice.

It also prevents your laptop from getting scuffed up and/or moving around within your tavel case because it is made specifically for the 15.4 Intel Mac.

10. falcon1 thread starter macrumors regular

falcon1