Got my iPod Battery Settlement Form

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Tommyg117, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I got my form in the mail for the iPod 3rd gen battery replacement claim case today. I should have opted for the 50 dollar gift certificate, because as it turns out, Apple is going to replace the battery.........and charge 30 dollars for shipping and handling. I was hoping for a replacement or at least a TOTALLY free battery replacement. Anyone else get their claim forms back yet?

2. norcal macrumors newbie

I received my claim form back and am also disappointed with the "shipping and handling" fee. At this point I only hope that I receive a refurb with a larger hard drive. Otherwise, its not much of a settlement considering that you can get batteries for less than the $30. Good luck and I'll post an update once I get my iPod back.

3. Tommyg117 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I'm with you Norcal. I only hope they send a refurb or something. I'll post too when I get it back.

4. asphalt-proof macrumors 6502a

I have a theory that they will just chuck the returned iPod and send a 4th gen one as replacement. The manhours spent testing, dissembling, assembling, and retesting would far excced the cost of a refurb iPod. I got the box yesterday and sent it off the same day. Does anyone have any idea of when they will come back?

5. norcal macrumors newbie

This really takes the cake!! I just got my iPod back from Apple and what did they do? Nothing!! They sent a form letter stating that they tested it and it met their criteria so no replacement battery was installed! I can't believe it! I know that it is not holding a charge and they can get away with just sending it back to me? What kind of settlement is this!? I'm even out the $30 bucks for shipping and handling! I am at a total loss? What do you guys think and what did they do for you? :mad: :mad: :confused:

6. norcal macrumors newbie

7. tsgl macrumors newbie

norcal, you should check out the iLounge battery settlement thraead:
    http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=124511

if i remember correctly one of the users there also reported his ipod was sent back by apple saying his battery condition doesn't meet the requirement and after an angry phone call they allowed him to send it back in for replacement.