Got my MacBook ^_^

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ichii, Oct 4, 2006.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I just got my MacBook, so far it looks new, I'm updating my programs right now, except for the 10.4 osx update. I wanted to know if you tap on the touch pad twice does it click on the item, like with a PC laptop? Also I wanted to test if it has RSD. Is there a way to test that? Also what is the other adapter thing? I got two one is the charger for the Macbook I don't know what the other one is for.
    Thanks in Advance.

2. MalcolmJID macrumors 6502a

Congrats! :D With any luck I'll be joining the club on Saturday!

yes, double tapping with the touch pad will "double click" like on a PC.

The only way you could test for RSD is keep using it I'm afraid.....just see how it goes...though I don't think you'll have a problem :)

3. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

For the tapping you need to enable it in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Trackpad.

The extra adapter is the extension for the block. There's the regular two-prong adapter on the block, but there's also the three-prong on the extension. Just pull the two-prong off and put the three-prong on for when you need the length to reach an outlet.

4. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

Please don't tell me you can't summon the strength to just tap and find out for yourself:eek:

EDIT: Oh, sorry, didn't realise it wasn't set to do that as default

5. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

My Macbook feels hot, I run that TempDuo program and it's at 59c is that normal? Right now I'm updating and web browsing. Also does the New Mac update fix this problem? I heard that some Macbook doesn't function properly after the update, that's why I'm not updating the OS for now

6. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I ran the update on my MacBook. All systems go. I would think this would be a good time to run the update, especially if your MacBook is brand new (or a refurb, for that matter). Getting a new one if there is a problem is a lot easier in the first 15 days than waiting around.

7. XP Defector macrumors 6502

lol 50's fine, mines at 76C and I'm only browsing!! Come to think of it, not sure why it's so hot!

8. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

It doesn't seem to hot now, but I was updating earlier today that might of caused it to be hot. I didn't notice any loud fan either, at what temp does the fan usually kick in?

9. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

I updated and now the fans is around 46-52 when browsing, and I can notice that the fan is on now, it usually kick in around 62-65 degree. Before the update I can't hear the fan, I was worried that it wasn't working properly.

10. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

By update, is that the OSX update?

11. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii