got my macbook! (but not out of the woods yet)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by twoodcc, Aug 5, 2006.

1. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i got my white 2.0 macbook today at the apple store. i was lucky i didn't have to wait in line. i got there right when the store opened.

thanks for all the helped me decide on my computer. these forums are great :)

and now i have to wait until wwdc before i open it :(

what am i gonna do for the next 2 days?!? i have 2 GB of RAM and a 120 GB hard drive sitting here waiting on me !!!!

i also got a printer and nano and a bag for it :)

all just sitting here :(

2. wisredz macrumors regular

first of all, let me congratulate you on your purchase.

please don't get me wrong but why did you buy it if you won't open it until 2 days later? I get excited as well, being on the verge of buying an iMac, but i don't understand this.

It must be painful for you not to open it. There is only two days and maybe after 2 days there will be a better mac out there, and then you will have to get in a lot of formalities to return it and replace it with a newer one. I mean wouldn't it be better "just" waiting?

Anyway, congrats on the purchase again.Have fun with it.

3. Vster macrumors 6502

There is one good thing about having it beforehand, if nothing better comes out, you already have it waiting for you to open it! :)

4. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

the reason why i bought it now is because i got everything except the ipod tax free! so i saved over $120!!

but if a new one (or better one) is released, then i'll have to take it back and pay the tax. but if they arent updated, then i get to keep it and keep my $120 :)

5. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yep ;) and i have everything waiting for me to open it (and i mean everything) :cool: :D

6. FrenchPB macrumors 6502

But if you go back there and replace it, you will lose the nano rebate because your new one won't have bene purcahsed at the same time with the ipod. As a consequence, you'd have to bring everything back and buy averything again (I'm in the same situation).

7. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Open It!!!!! I Did And It's Great!!!! Just Do It.....you Know You Want To Open It!!!! ;) :d

8. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Would a new chip be worth $120 to you? I thought about it and said that there is very little they could do to make me pay an extra 120 bucks and the odds that they are going to do the things I was tinking about are minimal at best.

9. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

To me it would:D

I LOVE having the latest:D :cool:

I wish South Africa would have a tax free day:cool: Do you even get tax off on cars:eek:

10. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

No, its an educational tax free day up to $1500. It might vary by state.

11. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I know it's painful, but I'd also wait to open it. If there is nothing announced it'll be like Christmas, and if something is announced you can return it and it is still like Christmas :D . If something isn't introduced, you saved a good amount of mojo

12. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah i know. i'll have to take back everything (except the backpack) and buy it all over again.

but i'll only do it if it's really worth it

13. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

you aren't helping :eek: . i'm having a hard time not opening it. it's calling me right now.....

14. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

i don't know. i know i like having the best (even though it never lasts very long) and i would like 64-bit. if Merom was only 32-bit i'd probably just open it

15. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

it's very painful :( but you are right. i'm gonna do my best not to open it til Monday after the keynote

16. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

It's not a bad idea to wait. I mean it is only 40 more hours. I knew that I didn't want to pay the extra money, regarless of what happens at WWDC. Congrats on your purchase though, and don't listen to the temtations....

OPEN IT!!!! J/K ;)

17. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

yeah, i know i need to wait. i just gotta keep myself occupied.

thanks, and congrats to you as well. btw, i ended up going to Perimeter to get it, and i'm glad that i did. no lines, all interstate to get there (unlike NorthPoint).

the temptations are killing me though.

but i really like this bag that i got....

18. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I went to Perimeter also. I tried to go to Lenox and saw a 50 person line so I turned around and didn't wait for a single second at Perimeter. What kind of bag did you get?

19. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

cool. i got an incase rip-stop backpack. it's green/tan. i usually don't like green, but it's not too bad.

EDIT: here's a link to the bag http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...re.woa/wo/3.RSLID?mco=A0637F57&nplm=TH469LL/A

20. e-clipse macrumors 6502

e-clipse

That bag is really tight! I was impatient as well. I can't replace the model I bought for the price I bought it at anyway.

21. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks. i like it as well :cool: i just can't wait to use it!:eek:

22. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

while i'm waiting before i open my macbook, how do i know what week model i have again? which numbers on the serial?

thanks in advance

23. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

24. twoodcc thread starter macrumors P6

twoodcc

ha! i see what's happening here.....pretty soon ya'll all be against me......trying to make me open it!........i know your tricks......

25. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

in the first 5 digits, it's the last two.