Got my new iMac 1Ghz and want to say thanks....

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Larry, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Larry macrumors newbie

I had ordered a 17" iMac for my secretary on the 28th as a BTO, then happened to check MacRumors and noticed that an upgraded version was about to be released (only a rumor, but...).
    I posted here and was convinced to cancel (fortunately it was a BTO and wasn't yet in production) 3 days after the order.
    On the morning of the 4th, I places an order for the newly announced model and it arrived today the 5th! (i live in Sacramento near the Elk Grove Apple facility).

I want to thank MacRumors.com for the heads up and everyone's firm advice.

Oh, I'm a TiBook kinda guy, but so far, I'm pretty darned impressed by the iMac 17"...pretty cool on my offices front desk and makes my secretary a happy camper.
    The upgraded legacy macs we've been using for years will be put to pasture, but talk about the longevity of the 7500 form.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. macktheknife macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

5. Larry thread starter macrumors newbie

I know thr responses are 'toung-in-cheek'. Acually, she is a computer whiz (mac and pc).
    Without any previous knowledge of Excel, she was able to take an excel 'ledger/billing program' I created in 1991 w/ Excel 3.0 and convert the macros to work w/ the latest versions of Excel. We were stuck on OS 8.6, because Excel 3 won't work on later versions.
    So, her determination not only got my office to OSX, but enabled me to finally upgrade the macs in the office...well worth the 17" iMac to me.
    Not to mention...I really like the design of the flat screen iMacs and just wanted one, even though it's not the mac I use.
    And, oh ya, I'm happily married...no hanky-panky here.
    Larry