Got my new PowerBook!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by AJ Muni, Aug 28, 2005.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

just wanted to say im stoooooooooked i just got : 12" ,1.5ghz, 512 ram, 80gig, super drive. i sold the ibook in my sig, for $850 :rolleyes: ...not what i wanted but WHAT AN UPGRADE!

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Excellent. So is it much faster because I predicted it wouldn't really be noticeable in your other thread. Hopefully I was wrong though.

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

congrats on the deal! hope your completely happy with it

4. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

its funny cuz i had 1.2 gb of ram in my ibook, and 512 here..and the ibook is just sliiiiiiiightly faster. i was thinking of getting ram from crucial tomm, but i think i might hold off cuz this seems right for now...

5. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

thanx....just saw your LOCATION...good luck with katrina...we are still recoverring.....

6. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

thanks, it'll be here tomorrow or tuesday. hope you are recovering well

7. ajampam macrumors regular

ajampam

Glad to hear about the 12er purchase...I bought one last month....and I am completely in love with it....also to all of you folks....good luck with katrina....wish you all lots of safety.....

8. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Congrats! I have a 12" powerbook on the way as well... I think at least. It said it shipped on Friday for an arrival date of tomorrow but UPS tracking shows that only billing info was received. This is a replacement unit mixup (looooong story) so it may just end up not shipping at all. If it doesn't I'm still going to reorder one. I had 2 15"ers in a row that had problems so its back to the 12"er again :)

My hopes and prayers go out to those in the path of Hurricane Katrina. I wish everyone safety and hope that the recovery effort is as smooth as possible.

9. tekmoe macrumors 68000

sold the ibook for a powerbook...

good choice! ;)

10. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

yea im very excited with it. i was kinda getting sick with people dogging it saying that "its not worth it for the 12 pb ''"...and "just get a loaded ibook'' or " get the 15 pb (was an extra $300!!!!) "...but where i was coming from, going from a combo to a super drive. from non-bt to bt, 30gb to 80gb, IMO is worth the extra $500 i had to put up after selling my ibook. and im sorry but IMO the pb is much nicer/fancier than the ibook. when i bought the ibook, it was my first mac so i went with the cheapest. if would of knew then it was going to be this good...i would of probably saved up for the PB from the start.... :rolleyes:

11. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

God I love getting new gadgets!
    sigh - time I thought about getting one myself! (another gadget that is - still very impressed with my PB!)

12. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I love gadgets too...it reminds me of a fat kid (me) in a candy store (apple store).... :D

13. godbout macrumors regular

Man, I love gadgets too... we should start a thread about peoples latest tinkerings with various gadgets/projects

like setting up a MythTV and using their PB and a mobile front end! Man do I ever want to do that!

Sorry, Off topic... Yeah congrats on the PB! MMMMmmm... Powerbook...