Got my Panther!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by radhak, May 22, 2004.

1. radhak macrumors regular

I recently noted that Apple gives discounts on select software to Govt Employees. My friend being one, he was able to order Panther for me for just $65! Sweeter than if I went hunting for a student to buy me the same :D

Best is, he ordered on Friday, and it was delivered yesterday! I installed it without hitch, and I can finally see what fun it is to switch users with the cube...:)

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Being that you are not the government employee, I'm pretty sure that this is illegal.

3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

It probably is, but *no-one need know* ;)

Welcome to Panther! I think you'll find it's well worth the money over Jaguar. You should already be accustomed to expose, while you'll find nice refinements to Safari and Mail, as well as a much better Preview. Font Book is about the only new feature that I don't really use much. Good stuff!

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I love the "We all love Apple to death, but will gladly rip them off" attitude. :rolleyes:

Anyways welcome to Panther, it is a very nice OS. Hope you don't get to jealous when you see the Tiger preview in a month.

5. radhak thread starter macrumors regular

What I love is the speed with which people pass judgement, first of which is that I am stupid enough to do something illegal and post it here :rolleyes:

Please check :
    State and Local Government Employee Purchase Program (“EPP”)

relevant portions:

6. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

We're just jealous because you payed less than we did :D

7. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

PowerMacMan

YAY IT'S LEGAL! I'm going to speak to my friend, who is a politician, you may know him... George Bush. He said he'd gladly buy me any Apple product throup the EPP program. :D

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Hey cool. Glad you were able to be "Sponsored" Enjoy Panther.

9. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Maybe we don't all have the high moral standards of your good, wonderful self. At least he's paid sumthin for it, it's very easy not to :eek: :D

10. wide macrumors 6502a

You should work at the Apple Store :D