Got my ship confirmation...Finally!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tayzer2, May 18, 2004.

1. tayzer2 macrumors newbie

New PowerBook
    Woooo hoooooo...I was about ready to throw up.
    I ordered it on the 3rd. Almost like a roller coaster ride.
    But it won't be over until I verify that it works and has no damage or dead pixels. The old Heinz commercial...oooo anticipation :)

Share the experience of your wait...

2. GiantsFan macrumors member

i ordered mine this past saturday nite. i've been following the tracking since yesterday. It left Taiwan yesterday and was being held (maybe still is) in Indiana this morning. website says should be delivered by may 20th 10:30am ...

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Me too!

Hey! I just bought my first mac 3 weeks ago, a 15" decked out powerbook. It was BTO and came from Shanghai, then Anchorage, then Indianapolis, then Portland, then Seattle, then Kent and then my house!! I couldn't stop watching the tracking info. But, I was nervous since I was spending a lot of money ($2200) and didn't want a machine that would disappoint me. Well, it's turned out to be way better than I thought it would be after using Windows for over 11 years. Thanks Apple! Enjoy the wait.

~Babbitt

4. thrillz3 macrumors member

A Powerbook?? I ordered mine Friday at 7 EDT (4 PDT), and it still hasn't shipped (ESD is Thursday, went for 2 day shipping.)

5. GiantsFan macrumors member

update: yay! my pb left Indiana!!! why coudlnt it have come straight to california ? :( I'm impatient, don't like waiting :eek:

6. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Congratulations to all of you. Powerbooks are great - I love mine. I'm waiting for my copy of Office 2004 to get here - ok, so it's not quite as exciting, but this is a I'm waiting for my new ______ to arrive thread, isn't it? Anyway, I wish y'all patience in "the waiting game."

JOD8FY

7. fistful macrumors 6502a

fistful

I ordered a 15" powerbook on the 15th, shipped on the 17th...when I check my order status it says it was shipped but not from where, how do I get a more detailed order tracking status?

8. GiantsFan macrumors member

you just click on the tracking number on that same page.

9. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Hi i was looking to switch and buy a mac ive been around asking for advice on what to buy.g5 is an option but i dont have the desk or the space for it.currently i have a p4 3 gig .the g5 is much larger than this box so id have to throw out this desk and get a new one which is a hassel.portability isnt an issue i dont go anywhere but i want to have the option .i dont play many games if at all should i just throw my desk away and buy that monster or get a pbook 1.5 .congrats on your purchases im excited for you.makes me want to whip out my mastercard

10. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

Just got mine as well

I had Dual G4 500 for the past 3 years and always wanted to get a pb.
    At the University where I work, the computer store have a deal during graduation week :eek: PB 15" 1.5MHz 512MB for $1999...couldn't resist no more.
    :p

11. GiantsFan macrumors member

i went to my campus computer store to look at pbs and ibooks, i didn't see any. the guy was like, "we got rid of them over a year ago". :mad: not cool. just a random thought.

12. denm316 macrumors 6502

I am waiting on my shipping notification, I ordered yesterday at 7:00am

13. Mr. G4 macrumors 6502

Mr. G4

While I was waiting for the dealer to ring me up there was a lady who wanted to buy Norton Anti virus for her PC. Then she ask me Wow are you buying a computer, and I said yes. Then she said oh it's an Apple....I hate Apple...I will never buy one...I just told her if you had an Apple you wouldn't need to get Norton Antivirus....She then just looks away

14. GiantsFan macrumors member

ooooh, b*tch! why do random people complain? its our money, we can buy WHATEVER we please.
    update on shipping:
    May 19, 2004 7:56 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery ONTARIO CA
    7:17 am Arrived at FedEx Destination Location ONTARIO CA

*edit*May 19, 2004 9:04 am Delivered RIVERSIDE CA
    w00T w00T! its here! just picked it up. tempted to open it, but i'll wait til after class.

15. tayzer2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it!

I am impressed...nothing short. My boss is jealous and the internet engineer is a UNIX guy so he wants to play. I also bought the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and they work great...no complaints.

If anyone here is thinking of getting a Powerbook...get one, you won't be sorry.

Waaa hooooo!

16. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Sorry to change topic but what is an "iskin" (from your sig)? Sounds interesting. ;)

17. GiantsFan macrumors member

http://www.iskin.com/protouch_PB1.html

its a keyboard protector. some people like em, some people hate em. i bought it so i can keep my keyboard clean and crap free. it gets in on tues =), way earlier than expected (estimated shipping date was June 1, shipped today actualy)