Got OFFICE MAC, osx NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 1rottenapple, May 12, 2004.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    Ok so I need to transfer excel files from a diskette, to my iMac (G4 800mgz). I have installed the program already on my comp, but any ideas on how to convert the diskette files to the imac? Our PC is dead, and my sony vaio doesn't have excel.

Can I email the saved documents to myself in an attachment, and then open it with the office:mac excel version?

If I can get access to a PC with an excel program, can I open the diskette documents, transfer the files into a usb thumbdrive, then insert the usb thumbdrive into my imac, and open the excel files from the thumbdrive? HELP THANKS!
  2. wowser macrumors 6502a

Jan 25, 2004
    Inglaterra, Europa
    I'm no expert on these things, but i;m 99% sure that either solution will work fine :)
  3. NP3 macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2003
    Los Angeles
    either way will work...just make sure that your file sizes aren't that big if you email them to yourself.
  4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    You don't need Excel on the PC if you only want to transfer the file.

You can email it to yourself. That's actually a really good idea as long as the file isn't huge.
  5. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    Thanks guys, it worked!

I've convince my mom to swtich to mac :) :D
  6. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

Oct 19, 2003
    that town east of ann arbor
    you switched your mum just by transfering files from one platform to another? not bad kid!
  7. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 65816

Apr 21, 2004
    Kid naw. Im 21 :) She's been wanting a mac since it looks so elegant/nice/takes far less space then our honking desktop back home. Her desktop pc died so she's buying my 8 month old imac and I have a new ibook, which is perfect for mobile college students.