Got one for ya: Chat away messages

Discussion in 'Community' started by King Cobra, Jul 29, 2003.

1. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    iChat, Adium etc. users if you have custom set away message lines you would like to share, add them here.

BTW: eyelid, your signature thread gave me the idea for this.

-->I found newspaper in a hamster cage. One can only imagine how much the hamster discourages the effeciency of milking rats. (Ref: Simpsons)
    -->They kicked me out of the Sears clothing changing room when I mentioned to the manager that the toilet paper was missing. (Ref: my father's friend)

Now some original:

-->Away messages, to tell the reader to go away
    -->I'm yelling at the tourist in the left lane with the right blinker on going 45MPH (75KPH) on the freeway with a book in one hand, a map in the other, and driving a used RV borrowed from a sub-$1000 dealership.
    -->When I find out the lack of irony for "Rush Hour" I'll get back to you.
    -->If I had a nickel for every time I read one of these stupid things, I would buy a printer so I could have more nickels.
  2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    ah...nice to see I inspire... ;)

some typical away messages that I use often...

• "scheming to take over the world..." (for when I'm busy)

• "grazing in the kitchen...if I'm not back before midnight call for help!!! :eek:" (during my feedings)

• "unlimited wine at my disposal? this may take a while..." (when I'm out)

• "recharging" (sleeping)

• "I'm hot...wet...and's that rub your bird? ;)" (showering)

• "it's much like that annoying busy signal at the other end of the telephone..." (when I'm really busy at work)
  3. janey macrumors 603

Dec 20, 2002
    sunny los angeles
    dreaming of a six carat harry winston engagement ring. :p :)
  4. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    I've seen that before über...

funny thing...

I tend to check out people's away messages when I notice them on my buddy list...

I'm nosey...what can I say? ;)
  5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

Jul 4, 2001
    1 Block away from NYC.
    Note: Damn forum anti muti spacing messed this up

When eating:
    Eating now, and I'm not here, didn't you see the message?
    Hehehe, just kidding.

What am I doing you ask?
    Homework I respond say.
    Essays, homework, and today is no different.

Sleeping/Folding Plug:
    Ever notice that I'm online at late time of the night and are never sure why?
    I'm running Folding@Home.
    In simple terms I'm helping people with dieases by running a program so doctors can understand which genes or protiens are doing what.

Okay so I'm really not here, I just leave my comp on so I can run a simple program that can help everyone okay, and I’m doing you a favor.
    Team MacRumors: Team # 3446
    ----- See yah later.

In the un-likely event I come back to your message I will respond to you.

Parody of Cartman:
    Screw you, I'm at home.

My Job:
    I'm at my job... where I input doctors names into a computer, a database persay, which no one will use... EVER.

Why am I doing it? Because its work and its money.

Why are you looking at my away message?
    Didn't you even see the icon that says I'm away?
    Why do I need an away message every time I go away, I'm not going to explain this to you, get out! GET OUT!

Steal if you like, I don't care. :D
  6. G4scott macrumors 68020

Jan 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I mainly use one away message, and it goes like this:

"Go away or I'll beat you piñata style..."

I'm not sure where I got it, but it's cool...
  7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    I used to use one from The Critic "Hurry you've got to hide me! There are Three Bears chasing me over a porridge dispute" - Jay Sherman

Also if anyone wants to submit screencaps of their favorite, I"ll post them in the "Trip Files" section of my website I've had the section for about two weeks but not as much material as I would like so any help is appreciated. You can email them to "away{at}", anything funny will definately be put on the site. I meant to start a thread like this but i've been busy with work.