Got pics of your old macs?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by macEfan, Jul 30, 2006.

1. macEfan macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    For a summer projecet, I'm creating a website on vintage macs, with articles, a photo collection, cool stuff, etc. If anyone has pictures of their old macs that I can use, I'd appreciate it. I need pictures of any old macs, for the collections section. I'm trying to get pictures of every old mac ever made, and some pics with multiple machines. I'd also like pics/scans of vintage advirtisements, ads, cool items etc.

Anway, if anyone can post pics, I could really use them. They would be hosted on my website, and you'll get credit under each picture for them. You can also have an option of writing a little caption for the picture and I'll add that also.

I'd love it if you could help!

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

This Danamania person has good pictures in his Wiki gallery. Perhaps you should contact him.

3. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

wow those pictures are REALLY nice!

I can't figure out how to contact him, as when I click on his user name, it just says no page for this user has been found. It seems like the website is free for using images, as long as you give credit to the name.

Well does anyone else have any pics?

I got quite a few IIci/IICx/mac SE pics already, but could still use a lot more!

4. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

are those your pics? I don't want to run into any copyright issues. If they are yours, I'd love to use them! I'll send you a website preview so you can say if it looks nice before It goes online.

5. madmax_2069 macrumors 6502a

madmax_2069

here is my Beige G3 AIO the spec's of it are in my sig, yea the second monitor in the pic is hooked to the AIO threw the Radeon 7000. and are useing the extended desktop mode

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sorry for the crappy pic's my cam is cheap and old $7 dollars at goodwill. this thing takes pic's on power with a cam back from the 1930's . the color isnt good it dont like to pick up light

6. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

7. blakespot Administrator

blakespot

8. Maxwell Smart macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

Yes, they are all mine, feel free to use any ones that you see fit. Glad you like them, I'd love to see a website preview, feel free to contact me by means of instant messaging

9. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

P.S. Dana is a female.

And she occasionally posts on here (the MacRumors Forums,) although her profile says she hasn't been here since February.

And, if something is posted to Wikimedia commons, it will say what it's license terms are. Most pictures there are licensed free for non-commercial use, with attribution. (i.e. you must say where you got the photo, and it can't be used for any money-making purpose.) Danamania's all use the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license, meaning you can do whatever you want, as long as you credit her, and if you make a derivative work (i.e. edit the picture,) you have to use the same license.

Finally, don't just look in Danamania's gallery, but in all of the Wikimedia Commons' Apple Macintosh category. There are LOTS of good photos in there, some that look like professionally-shot PR shots.

Finally, if you want 'collection' type shots, my collection is available. (It's not on that page yet, but it also uses the Attribution-ShareAlike license.)

10. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

11. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Whoops, try my edited link now. I forgot to add .html to the end. (I've gone ahead and edited my quote of your link, too. :-D )

12. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

very nice collection! Your color classic looks practically mint! Nice, do I see a mac II also?

so would you mind if I used a pic or two for the 68k section of my new website? I'll most certainly give you credit for the pictures :D

13. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Go right ahead.

Yeah, a Mac II, and a IIfx (both ends of the 'big case' family,) and the Color's case is mint, but it's motherboard is a bit flaky, so I replaced it with a Colo(u)r Classic II motherboard. (A real CC2 mobo, not a modded LCwhatever mobo.) It screams now. It still has its QuickTime sticker, and with the new motherboard, it can actually play QT movies decently well.

14. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

It's...so...beautiful.... *tears of joy* and I thought I had alot of old Macs!

15. Anonymous Freak macrumors 601

Anonymous Freak

Share your site!

P.S., macEfan, be sure to post your site when it's up!

16. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

yeah, its still under construction. I'll post a beta after I get it all finished, then it can be de-bugged.

17. macEfan thread starter macrumors 65816

macEfan

ok guys, got a lot of the site done, thanks to the brilliant web designer mxlews

you can see the site here:
    http://www.vintage-mac.com

its still under construction, and will offer a lot more after I finish uploading stuff and more articles.

ehurtley, I'm use some of your pics for an upcomming article Im writing.

mkjj, I sent you a PM regarding pictures, please get back to me when you get a chance

*pictures on site used under the wiki licence*
    special thanks to:
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~daniel/W...commons.wikimedia.org&img_user_text=Danamania

thanks everyone!

18. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

The site seems to have some goofy quirks... most noteably that I only see about 20 Macs altogether, plus two goldfinches. Are those under the iBird category? :p

19. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

20. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

You were featured in MacFormat!

I remember the TAM in your bedroom setup.

That was my first issue actually.

Rich.

21. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

I was! also had a double page spread in the now defunct Mac Creative, thanks for the comments.

Trying to set up a Newton site also, address will be
    http://www.newton-collection.co.uk

When I have the time!!