Got refunded purchase of ML

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by ugp, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ugp
    macrumors 65816

Jan 7, 2008
    Inverness, Florida
    I had one of the issues with the Up-to-date codes and went through receiving 3 codes like most others did. I replied to the email when I received my 3rd code and it worked. I inform the lady that was following up with me to make sure everything was taken care of and I told her yes the code worked but I had already purchased ML because of the wait time. I did not ask for a refund nor acted mean towards her. And thanked for her for the help in the matter.

I received this reply today

So i ended up received ML and ML Server for free altogether. Not a bad deal. I think Apple knows they screwed up on this one.
  2. macrumors 68020

Mar 19, 2012
    Every company knows when they screw up. It's whether or not they acknowledge it and make things right.
  3. macrumors 6502

Jun 6, 2012
    Agreed, they messed up pretty bad on an AppleCare refund for my 2011 MBA, the acknowledged it, fixed the problem and are sending me a Mophie Powerstand to make up for it!

Pretty cool getting a 150$ kick ass iPad stand because they made a mistake! :)
  4. macrumors 65816

May 4, 2012
    Never mind.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 27, 2012
    Just a Little Screw Up I'm Sure

I'm sure all the people Like me that bought Lion and Have to Pay if they want Mountain Lion will love that even more so as those that just stayed with Snow Leopard get it all for less.