Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ugp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Inverness, Florida
I had one of the issues with the Up-to-date codes and went through receiving 3 codes like most others did. I replied to the email when I received my 3rd code and it worked. I inform the lady that was following up with me to make sure everything was taken care of and I told her yes the code worked but I had already purchased ML because of the wait time. I did not ask for a refund nor acted mean towards her. And thanked for her for the help in the matter.

I received this reply today

Dear Aron,

I understand that you are entitled for a free upgrade and decided to purchase the "OS X Mountain Lion" from the Mac App Store instead of claiming your free product code.

Aron, I acknowledge the importance of this matter. As an iTunes/Mac App Store customer myself, I can appreciate your concern to make sure money is accounted for and spent wisely. Don't worry, I will be glad to help you with it.

After reviewing the circumstances of your case, we determined that issuing you a refund for your unintentional purchase of "OS X Mountain Lion" is an appropriate exception to the App Store Terms and Conditions, which state that all sales are final. In five to seven business days, a credit of 19.99 USD should be posted to the credit card that appears on the receipt of that purchase.

I trust this information will resolve the issues you experienced. We always strive to create a positive iTunes/Mac App Store experience. Don't hesitate to contact us again if you need additional assistance and we will gladly assist you.

Thank you for being a valued customer. I wish you the best and sincerely hope that you will continue to enjoy shopping on the iTunes/Mac App Store.

Sincerely,

Anne
iTunes Store/Mac App Store Customer Support

So i ended up received ML and ML Server for free altogether. Not a bad deal. I think Apple knows they screwed up on this one.

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
Every company knows when they screw up. It's whether or not they acknowledge it and make things right.

Agreed, they messed up pretty bad on an AppleCare refund for my 2011 MBA, the acknowledged it, fixed the problem and are sending me a Mophie Powerstand to make up for it!

Pretty cool getting a 150$ kick ass iPad stand because they made a mistake! :)

Schaden Freude

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2012
Just a Little Screw Up I'm Sure

I'm sure all the people Like me that bought Lion and Have to Pay if they want Mountain Lion will love that even more so as those that just stayed with Snow Leopard get it all for less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.