Got some Creatures II, and have some questions...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by i4k20c, Jan 15, 2007.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    Hey guys,

I was wondering, do you guys tend to leave your speakers on all the time? Having the on/off button behind the sub makes it sorta difficult to turn it on/off all the time, and i'm wondering if it will mess up the speakers to just leave them on??

Also, i notice if i twirl the plug that plugs into my powerbook, the speakers give that crackling noise a little, and im wonder how can i prevent this? At home, my logitechs give that crackling noise alot, i have to keep the volume very hight for it not to happen, so how do i prevent that happening in these speakers???

thanks guys.
  2. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

Jan 26, 2004
    The crackling noise is probably dirt within your speaker jack on your computer. It is also a product of poorly constructed jacks that do not hold tight to the plug. I had this problem on my old PowerBook and it is a victim of wear and tear. You may try cleaning out the jack but other than that the only solution really is to replace the jack itself...

As far as leaving the speakers on, this isn't a harmful thing, unless they pop when you plug them into your computer. You want to avoid a pop if you can, if that means turning your speakers off then fine... Otherwise no big deal.

Sorry to answer in reverse.