Got someone to Switch today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    And I wasn't expecting it!

Was in town, looking around with a mate. First place we head to is the Apple Store as I'm such a Mac lover and all. He wanted a new PC for a while and was looking around for an iMac (he fell in love with mine). Eventually he settled on the higher end 17" model. After much plotting and planning he dove into his overdraft and got it. And now he's happy as hell.

Funniest thing about all this? He hates Apple. "iPods are **** and for students", "you don't want a Mac, you want a real computer" are some of the catchphrases of his. Even now he's doing exactly what I do - use OSX for everything and Windows just for games.

Yea and I got my sister an iPod Nano for her birthday and she loves it too. So I'm doing my Mac Fanboy duty, I think they call it. But to turn an Apple hater and a girl who normally didn't care for portable music players is quite something I reckon.
  2. imacintel macrumors 68000

Mar 12, 2006
    I once got my friend to buy a PowerBook. It all started when the eMacs arrived. He saw OS X on the box, and he said don't you use a Mac? I said "yes I do, and just wait until you use one!" So he went and tried out a powerbook at the store and he loved it.