Got the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Christmas...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by spaceballl, Dec 27, 2004.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

So I wanted a wireless setup for my iBook. I got the Griffin iCurve so my laptop now floats above my desk and i've got a nice wireless keyboard / mouse for the setup. Just wanted to share some thoughts on the two products for anyone interested, and i'm also curious to hear feedback from anyone else with these two.

Keyboard - At least from what i've experienced so far... whether or not you like this keyboard is whether or not you like the Apple keyboard. It's basically the exact same thing. I don't understand why it needs an on/off switch to be honest. And with the switch on the bottom and no lights lit up to show whether or not the keyboard is on, it may be easy to forget to turn it off. I'm not sure what the effects on the battery life are yet if you don't turn it off. Maybe someone else knows? I think it would be far more effective if after say... 1 minute of inactivity, the keyboard would shut off and a keyboard press would turn it back on. Oh well... The bottom line is that it types well, it looks nice, and it delivers what I need.

My family got me the Apple Wireless mouse, and I ended up going with it because it matches my setup so well. To be honest, I feel like such a "typical" mac user because in this case, I really decided to give up usability for looks. I was intrigued by the macmice bluetooth mouse, but after using it at a store, that thing felt like such a rinky dink piece of crap... and i've read terrible things about it. So the apple mouse is almost exactly like the normal mouse... Its weight is very nice and it clicks just like the old one. Once again, there is no light at all to see whether or not it is on, and on top of that, the on/off switch is on the bottom of the mouse. It's kinda a bummer cuz my wired mouse was a nice two button mouse with a scroll wheel. So i've lost some functionality. I have no problem doing the control+click instead of having a right click, but the lack of a scroll wheel is a bummer. That's personal preference though. All in all, it's a great mouse. If you like the Apple mouse, you won't be dissapointed.

What are other peoples' thoughts on the two products?

-Kevin

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i love my apple wireless keyboard and mouse, they work fabulously with my powerbook

the mouse drains the battery faster, but thats to be expected, but there is only one mouse that i would replace this baby with, the Logitech Laser mouse, but its not BT yet so i guess i will wait longer still.....other than that this mouse is great, i like the weight and the feel it has

the keyboard is great, i like the responce of the keys and the look of it, the batteries last much longer on the keyboard

my best suggestion for batteries though would be to get some rechargable AAs and a charger so that you dont have to worry about spending too much on batteries, i know that with very heavy use the mouse eats through them

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

my brother has one and i like it... maybe when i get my new system...

4. bartelby macrumors Core

There's only 2 things that bother me about my Apple BT Keyboard:

1) the power switch being on the bottom.
    2) the big clunky looking bit of plastic above the cursor keys.

Apart from that, I love it.