Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceballl

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 2, 2003
San Francisco, CA
I knew it wasn't going to be heavy... but I wish it were a bit heavier. When there's no shuffle in it, sometimes the cord can have it lift off the desk a bit.

Actual use - it's not quite as handy as the iPod dock because every time i want to pop the shuffle in, i have to put the cap someplace. This is the same problem when I want to put it in my computer, but it still makes the dock a little less user friendly.

The cord - the cord for the iPod shuffle dock is very short, much sorter than the cable for my iPod, which is odd. I can't seem to figure out why that is so. If people have their powermacs on the floor, they might have to get a USB extension cable.

Look - it looks pretty cool i guess. I didn't like the look of a thing sticking out of the side of my iBook and I have all of my cables nicely routed with my iCurve so it looks a bit better now.

All in all, I have it, and I'm glad I have it. Apple could have made it better by having a longer cable and adding a bit more weight to the base. Is it a gimmick? To be honest, kinda. The only reason i got it was so I could have all of my cables routed nicely, but that still is not totally the case as the cord is so short.

-Kevin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.