Got WarioWare? (Wii)

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Jan 16, 2007.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Seems like everyone was waiting for this game to come out for the wii, and the day has finally come. Does any1 have it? Is it good? I keep reading around and people keep saying that if you have a Wii, this game is a must have. I want to get a new game for my wii (sick of playing TP, and Wii sports) and want to see how this is. I'm familiar with how the game works (quick mini games) but I've never played a warioware game before. Sooo...any critics wanna weigh in?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

There's another thread about it here somewhere...it was released in Europe last week, I believe, so a few members have it. I've heard nothing but very solid (not spectacular) reviews about it thus far. I will definitely be getting it in the next few days. I played the first Warioware game for the Gamecube and it was a hilariously fun party game. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.

3. SamJ macrumors member

I played it at a friends yesterday. The cab driver mini game is awesome. You wont believe how easy it feels turning with the wiimote. There's another starfox minigame where you can tilt it up and down to control ships height (is it called an r wing?)as well as side to side. The next starfox game could be amazing.:eek: The game presents you with games that we could see in a year or so from the big ninty franchises...

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I enjoy it. Though its fairly easy to plough through. Got it Friday last and I've already unlocked all 200 mini games. :eek:

5. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Just got it about an hour ago. I pre-ordered it at GameStop when I got my Wii on Thursday (along with Wii Play). It's quite amusing. :D The graphics are very bright and lively. Everything outside of the mini-games is in 2D, but its pretty crisp and looks nice. The animations and facial expressions of the characters are good too. You use a selected Mii as your character. For the mini-games, some are 2D, while a couple are 3D. They're fun and everything is really fast paced. I've only played it by myself so far, but I'm sure it'll be way more fun with lots of friends over. Overall, it's a fun game, except I think it's more worth $40 than $50, IMO.

6. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

bah, my gf is so into wariowear on the gamecube its seriously killing me. i dont even own a gamecube or any other system, and she asked for a wii for xmas. eh, i get how its a party game but i just cant get into those. no doubt ill have to bite the bullet on this new one

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I got it. I love it. My sister has clocked more game time than me :mad:

8. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

my biggest gripe.

No multiplayer? WTF were they thinking ?

Would have been a great party game/

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I just picked it up and i didn't even notice that! What the heck, coach?

By the way, AJMuni, thanks for reminding me that it came out today!

10. gavd macrumors 6502a

I read some other threads on the forums which seemed to imply there would be some multiplayer but you'd have to play all the single player stuff to unlock it. Presumably, this isn't the case though?!?

11. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Nope. :eek: Look at the box 1 player only :(

Still a great game - just not without its faults. Some of the more obscure games take 3 or 4 attempts to work out what the heck you do.

For example

One games, has you 'shutting up' a shop at closing time. But onscreen instructions just say 'close'. Which I thought it meant, move your remote 'close' to the screen :rolleyes: took me ages that it was 'close' and not 'close' ;)

12. AJ Muni thread starter macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Wait a second, Only 1 player? So my girlfriend and I cant play against each other?

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well you can take it in turns to see who gets best score, but it's not the same thing is it.

14. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

According to GamePro, there is a multiplayer mode, but you only use one wiimote.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep thats what I mean by having to take turns. Just not real multi in my book

17. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Ah, gotcha.

18. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Ahhh no multiplayer sucks! :mad: I was expecting that newspaper-covered icon to be a 'real' multiplayer section. Oh well.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

PHEW

Thought I wasted 30 quid then! Without HD this is the kind of multiplayer I want. Oh and them extra minigame multiplayers (ie. the plane and jumping one).

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

as a member of the anti-turnbased-diffamation league and united hot-seat alliance, i protest

;)

(no simultaneous multi is of course a bummer.. that means my next buy is eldee/elebits/edelidu or however it ends up being named in europe..)

21. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL! post of the day :)

22. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

Yea, you have to unlock the multiplayer.

I picked up my copy today and my roommates have been going nuts on it. The multiplayer is really fun when you have a good amount of people and the game is just funny in general. Very good buy.