Got Wood?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by captsanner295, Jun 12, 2011.

1. macrumors member

I am looking for a slick wood case/sleeve. Just curious if anyone has any sleepers I havent heard about. I just need names Ill look the rest up.

Ive seen blackbox, miniot, substrata any other ones to check out?

Thanks

2. macrumors 68020

Blorzoga

Beware. If some of the "veteran" members of Macrumors get wind of this question you'll be chewed out for not researching all the existing threads before posting such a preposterous question.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Good thing I did do several searches specifically about wood cases. Although I did not go through the generic case threads. If they get their briefs in a bunch because I asked for help on a help forum oh well. Thanks.

4. macrumors 6502

5. thread starter macrumors member

6. macrumors member

Wow those wooden skins are awesome

7. macrumors 68000

steve knight

I help make the substrata cases. I only hollow them out on my cnc router. the work put into them is pretty crazy.

8. macrumors 68030

I like the look of the Substrata cases but they seem to add a lot of bulk and weight. I've decided to order a Grove case primarily because of their leather smart cover but also they don't look like they add a lot of bulk or weight. I just wish I didn't have to wait 8-10 weeks for delivery.

9. macrumors 65816

Those are awesome wooden cases, but I don't want to pay over $100- for a case. There is someone selling some blackbox cases on Ebay for $39-, but I'm not sure I like those.

10. macrumors 68020

11. macrumors newbie

12. macrumors 68030

13. macrumors regular

seeharrison

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm thinking about buying one of these wooden smart covers. Has anyone used these before? I love the way they look, but I'm a little worried they would scratch or damage the iPad.