GowII

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Mar 13, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

2. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

... Damn, here was me hoping for more Gears. Oh Well.

4. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

GOW = God of War
    GeOW = Gears of War

Those two games and their acronyms have caused plenty of confusion on internet forums.

5. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'm picking my preorder one up after work; I'll post impressions later tonight. :)

6. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I'm picking this up after I finish Zelda. The first one was a blast.

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Heck is this out ? I''ve pre-ordered it a while ago and forgot about it.... :eek:

8. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Gamestop called me last night (with a recorded message) saying they expected it in the retail store this afternoon. I know on their website it says "in stock and shipping", but obviously some retail chains may not get theirs til tomorrow or Thursday.

9. Agilus macrumors regular

My wife received a PS2 as a birthday present last night from her sister, so I'll probably be purchasing the original God of War very soon. By the time I get through it and all of the other games I'd like to finish, GoW2 will be $20. :)

Unless I just pick it up on a whim and continue my current trend of getting games faster than I can finish them. :p

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Sweet.

That's just about 4 games I'm expecting in the post then :rolleyes: :D

11. applekid macrumors 68020

Am I the only one that didn't like God of War? Graphics were amazing without a doubt, but... It felt like a button masher, at best... :confused: After beating the hydra boss, I returned it to my friend.

12. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i never finished the first one... stupid spike room. but who knows, maybe i'll get this sometime :D

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Very much looking forward to this game. This will be the best game you can play on a PS3 for quite a while. [yes, I have a PS3:p]

14. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Until Heavenly Sword comes out........;)

15. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

its for PS2 not PS3 right?

EDIT: oh yeah the link says so :p

16. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

The hydra boss is like 30 minutes into the game...that's the extent of the chance you gave it...? wtf :rolleyes:

Give it at least a few hours.
    The boss with the minotaur (2nd to last boss) is one of the best boss battles ever out of any game IMO (especially on God mode).

17. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

GoW was a really good game so I'm expecting the same from this....almost like SoTC I love fighting things 20X bigger than me.

Bless

18. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

I just got God of War a couple of months ago, and i loved almost everything about the game, except i wish you could control the camera, and that there were more bosses, other than that, it was perfect. I still haven't beat the original (stupid Challenge of Atlas), but i will probably buy GOW2 when it becomes a PS2 Greatest Hit (which shouldn't take that long).

19. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Until you play Motorstorm online with 11 other people.

20. Fezwick macrumors 6502

Yep, I think so. :p It didn't seem like a button masher to me. The boss battles were great, it had some pretty hard puzzles to solve and there are many modes to play through. GoW is a pretty solid game in my mind.

21. Mooey macrumors regular

Meh, game was okay - another button masher to rent and beat in fifteen hours.

*snore*

22. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Took you 15 hours? :p

Sheesh first time I beat it was around 5-6 hrs tops.

Try God mode. :D

You can mash all you want, but you can also expect to get whooped by many of the larger/stronger enemies near the end, especially the high class soldiers (with the sword and pick), the Cerberus' (and their annoying puppies), the Cyclops and Minotaurs, and the Satyr (goat-like human creature with dual bladed staff).

23. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

What isn't a button masher these days.....except wii of course. Someone report and tell me how it looks on the PS3.

Bless

24. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

GoW2 is phenominal.
    I was a big fan of the first one, they went above and beyond and (for a change) a sequel outshines the original. All I can think now is: how awesome the third one will be on the Ps3.

If I don't own a Ps3 prior to GoW3 coming out, I will buy one for GoW3. *yes, you could say I'm a huge fan* :D

Hell I'll be buying a PSP when GoW comes out for it, so...there you go.

2ny I can't say how it is on the Ps3, but I can say that IGN recently corrected their 9.7 review and said that GoW2 on the Ps3 runs in 480p, not 720p as originally reported.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/763/763624p3.html
    I don't know if there were any other advantages of playing it on the Ps3 other than that, but...there you go. No rumble though obviously, that's a con in my book. I think the game works well with rumble.

Everyone see that Cory Barlog (GoW2's director) said that GoW3 on the Ps3 will feature rumble? Looks like a revised rumbling Sixaxis is coming soon. :)
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/13/god-of-war-psp-and-ps3-details-rumble-on-ps3-confirms-director/

25. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

GoW was an OK game, shoot me if you want.

It was gory, fun to play, but in essence it was just a button masher. Same ol combos hundreds of times over and over.

A button masher done right, but nothing spectacular IMO, to garner all the extremely rave reviews it had.

Good game, im sure GoW2 will only be better.

I just never understood the HUGE appeal of the first one, beyond the blood.