Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rtr455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
I have an iPhone 6 running 9.1, and my GPS is not locating. I've reset network settings, done a hard reset, and toggled on and of location services. I can get the GPS to temporarily work after these different attempts, but it's short lived. It quickly goes back to no longer being able to determine my location. This is happening in numerous apps (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Golf GPS apps, Runkeeper, etc)

I've seen some comments on apple discussion forums with people having similar issues, but no solutions. Has anyone here had this problem and discovered a solution?

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Your GPS module is dead, had the same problem with iphone 5, exchanged it in Apple store

cdcdoc

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2012
If it is the same problem I had, it only worked with 4g turned off. For some reason it works with 3g. Apple fixed it in ios 9.2 beta 4.

I have an iPhone 6 running 9.1, and my GPS is not locating. I've reset network settings, done a hard reset, and toggled on and of location services. I can get the GPS to temporarily work after these different attempts, but it's short lived. It quickly goes back to no longer being able to determine my location. This is happening in numerous apps (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Golf GPS apps, Runkeeper, etc)

I've seen some comments on apple discussion forums with people having similar issues, but no solutions. Has anyone here had this problem and discovered a solution?

Rtr455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
If it is the same problem I had, it only worked with 4g turned off. For some reason it works with 3g. Apple fixed it in ios 9.2 beta 4.

That would be awesome. Really hoping this is the case. I'll try it out on 3G

Edit: tried this tonight and it worked with no issues on 3G. Thanks for the help! Hoping 9.2 will solve this for me.

Last edited:

Rtr455

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
the 3G attempt worked the first time, but then quit working. I downloaded the beta 9.2 beta 4, but with no luck. looks like it might be my gps module that has gone bad after all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.