-Grab Your Desktop-

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by kjdenison, May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502

I think it would be interesting to see what everyones desktop looks like. No open windows, just the way you have your desktop layed out. Heres mine.

Kurt
    www.kurtdenison.com

Attached Files:

2. macrumors demi-god

LethalWolfe

I'd rather grab what's on YOUR desktop. :p

Someone was going to say it so it might as well as been me. :D

Lethal

3. macrumors 68000

Veldek

We already have these threads every month. Here's the May one:

May Desktops

4. macrumors regular

Berkeley Pier

Here's a nice sunset photo of the Berkeley pier looking out towards Marin County.

Attached Files:

5. macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

the aussie_geeks desktop

You can see I am a diehard apple fan....

aussie_geek :cool:

Attached Files:

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

I didn't realize you guys had this going. I never checked the picture page! But I would probley pay a great deal of money to grab a bit of my desktop also :)

Kurt
    www.kurtdenison.com

7. macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Heres mine (I edited it for MR, cauz your so special ;) ):

Attached Files:

8. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

Grab... The most useless app out there :)

oh, and I'm between desktops now and the dock is auto-hiding.

EDIT: It is useless because of Cmd+Shift+3 (or Ctrl+Cmd+Shift+3). The 2nd copies the screen to the clipboard, but I digress.

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

In honor of OS X: Tiger :cool:

And stop rolling your eyes! I'm stuck on a PC until Apple graces us with a G5 PowerBook. Dang it Apple. Hurry up already!

Attached Files:

10. 7on
    macrumors 601

7on

*rolls eyes*

you should be ashamed! There are only like what, 2 other 64bit laptops and both are really thick and get shoddy battery time. And I do believe Apple would rather hear people complaining that they want one rather than people complaining that G5 Powerbooks are too thick and ugly.
    [/off topic]

11. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Are you an engineer? Do you work with the design team at Apple? If not you do not know neither how much realistic heat a G5 system would generate nor how long they have been toying with it in the labs. (Potentially since last year after the G5 PowerMac was release.)

As for why I have yet to get a PowerBook:

http://www.barefeats.com/al15b.html

[​IMG]

The graphics from a Mac benchmark site alone should tell the story. The even newer Pentium M's with 2MB of onboard cache will further widen the gap. Apple has to do something. They are currently in the same performance band and having the same performance issues that the PowerMac had pre-G5. (I believe this is primarily do to the crap FSB on PowerBooks.) Until the performance gap narrows to less then 10% I can't warrant spending $3,000 on a 17" PowerBook esp when I'm going to most likely use FCE and VPC on it one of the more processor intensive apps out there. Beyond that it’s a forgone conclusions that Apple is going to optimize both OS X and its iapps for the G5 soon. Consider the performance increase we’ve seen on code recompiled for IBM’s CPU. Wasn’t it somewhere in the ballpark of 200-300%? I’d be an idiot to not at least TRY and future proof my next system as best as possible. Again I spend $3,000 once every 3-4 years. I’m on that edge right now. Do you think Apple won’t do some serious tweaks for the G5 in the next 3-4 years? I can’t, and pretty much won’t spend that kind of cash again until that timeframe expires so it behooves me to get the best bang for my buck I can get.
    Again as I’ve said in more threads then I can count. show me the performance and I'll show apple the money in a heartbeat.

So where were we? Ahh yes. Desktop images. Anyone else have a Digitalblasphemy account?

12. macrumors G4

wrldwzrd89

Doesn't this thread belong in Community Discussion, along with the other desktop threads? I'm using the default desktop on my Mac (but I can't post it here since I'm not at my Mac right now).

13. Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

ah, there has been a long going tradition of having a monthly desktop thread in the community. Lets keep that going and have only one dt thread at a time...

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.