Grand Prix Manufacturers Association launch series website

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iGav, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

No, not at all. I think that any agreement is better than a breakaway series. Don't they see that they are shooting themselves in the foot?

2. iGav thread starter macrumors G3

What concerns me about the GPMA is that with the exception of Toyota, ALL of the remaining teams have at one time or another pulled out of F1, I'm not sure that I'd want them in control of a race series that could potentially replace F1 when they could at anytime... literally walk away or worse. :eek: :(

3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Just look at CART and IRL - these sort of split-ups are generally bad for business and bad for fans. You are dividing a market where there doesn't need to be competition.

Hopefully this is just more bluffing. Paraphrasing some old American political rhetoric, a race series divided against itself cannot stand.

I don't trust the manufacturers to run the show either.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Even if they do break off, they won't be nearly as financially successful. They don't have Ferrari, and there's no way Toyota, DC, and Renault combined have the numbers of fans that Ferrari does (Honda probably does in Japan alone, and I'm not sure about BMW).