Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Updating Issue)

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by loon3y, Mar 19, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

loon3y

theres been an san andreas update, and every time i dl it, it bugs out saying i need to update it again.

is there any way to fix this? and is my game even getting updated?

i heard they really optimized the game so no more of that 2 second lag

2. macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I had that issue. Uninstall the game, then reinstall and update.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

k, thank you

4. macrumors member

I tried this, it still didn't work for me. I deleted it and reinstalled, but it doesn't even download. I must have "downloaded" it about 5 times now. I'm gonna try restarting.

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

try restarting the computer, than delete the app and than reinstalling it.

or delete the app, restart the computer than reinstall it.

6. macrumors member

I can't delete the app, it's not there to delete. When I deleted it, I kept downloading without it appearing anywhere on my filesystem.

Okay, so the app is already deleted, so I guess I can follow this. I restarted the computer and tried to download it again and it works.

Still though, I would have preferred I didn't waste a few hours redownloading it again and again. :mad:

7. thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

complain to apple, or the developers. all these old "PC, PS/2" games are all buggy. i juz dl'd rome total war and its pretty buggy.

than again I'm not complaining i don't use my mac for gaming, but i do get games to pass the time if I'm traveling or stuck somewhere

8. macrumors member

I don't know about that, since I'm not a gamer, but I just found out that they pretty much just used Wine to port San Andreas over. If you look in the Application Support folder, the folder hierarchy is pretty similar to a Wine prefix directory. Plus, it says Wine and has the Windows directory hierarchy.

Same here, I'm not a gamer, in the sense that it's not a high-ranked hobby of mine, but when I was on Windows, I used to game a lot. Now that more games are coming to Mac, I game more often (though not too much at all compared to the old days), so I guess platform influences my gaming habits.

Now that the most annoying bug is ironed out, I'm also not complaining, I don't care how they ported it, it's a brilliant game and works nicely. It entertains me and keeps me busy, so it's doing its job right now. Plus, easy updates through MAS is a nice bonus.

9. thread starter macrumors 65816

loon3y

did it work ur san andreas?

i haven't been PC gaming for while, but i haven't really been "gaming" like i did when i was in high school, just play the ps3 at times, but not everyday and not for hours.

but i am trying to get a crazy gaming computer. just need one at least once in my life, might as well now because if i wait another couple years, ill probAbly lost all interest.

10. macrumors member

Yes, it now works perfectly. No freezes or hangs at all anymore.