Grandparents want to go to war in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Eevee, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Do old people have nothing better to do? Oh wait, probably not, because they're old... :eek: :p Why does this sound like something Abe Simpson and his buddies would do? ;)

Well, they got some press attention at least, so I guess their tactic worked. Still though, the whole thing is pretty absurd.

3. Eevee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eevee

Go Abe Simpson!!

But seriously, the situation in Iraq is not getting any better as the months go by.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

5. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

reminds me of Dumb and Dumber, when he has the ole lady watching the newspaper stand with his wallet in it, saying something like, "you know, although old and useless, old people can serve a uselful purpose".

I'll take the old people everytime, they're great!

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Hmm, yes, good observation - this thread will probably get relegated to the Political Forums sooner or later...

Fuuny - I never post in the Political Forums, yet a lot of my posts are there for this very reason. ;)

7. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I drive past these people every Wednesday, there's quite a lot of them actually, hanging out in front of a store-front that has several recruiting offices.
    Strange thing to see, a whole bunch of elderly protesters and then just several yards away a young guy in Navy whites talking on a cell phone.