Grapes Can Be Hazardous to Your Health!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ~Shard~, Jul 15, 2004.

1. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Check this video clip out - I don't know why this made me laugh as much as it did, perhaps I was just sleep-deprived at the time...

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

bahahahahahaahahahahaha. I've heard that on the radio before. The best part is the noise she makes! It sounds like a seal!!!

3. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    now i know it's not funny when people get hurt and i do feel really bad for her... but the noises that she was making were quite funny. :eek: :)

4. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

That's what cracked me up too - those noises she was making! And then I also like the fact that they just continued rolling the cameras for a good 30 seconds after she fell before they cut back to the studio. ;) :D

5. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
  6. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Kay, good, glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this funny.... ;) :cool:

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

if you guys think this is funny you should keep up with ebaumsworld. they posted this about 2 months ago and it was great.

iJon

8. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

those noises made the whole her pain seem fake...i know if fell like that id cuss like crazy!

9. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

yeah so maybe she was hurt a bit, maybe she was faking, yadayadayada....but who won?

10. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I'll probably burn in hell for this, but LMFAO!!! See, cheaters never win.

Yup, sounded like Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco.

"aeuooooooooo....aeuoooooooo....I can't breathe...oweeeoooooooooo!"

And the grapes go flying everywhere when she falls out of the tub. Hahahahahahaha! I think the other lady was laughing before she climbed down to help. Too funny!

If you enjoyed this TV injury, you might like this one and this one.

11. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

12. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

The best part was the people back in the studio trying to keep a straight face. :D :D

13. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    its funny because she tried to cheat!!! and cheaters never win

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I saw this film before. Did anyone ever find out if the lady was actually hurt and what's her condition? The idea that she was able to still yell was encouraging.

Both times it reminded me of the classic Lucille Ball episode where she and another worker were in one barrel. Now that was funny.

15. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, that was funny too - they were almost at a loss once the camera cut back to them, as if they weren't sure how to react! Ah, the beauty of live TV... :cool:

16. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Hehe, folks, she's not hurt. Just had the breath knocked out of her. First time it happens, you wonder if you'll even be alive in a few minutes. Very painful for maybe a minute, but you'll be breathing fine as if nothing had happened a few minutes later.

Oh, and those noises aren't fake. It's about all you can do after such an experience; though once you know what it's like, you'll just wait it out until you can breathe again, and not panic like cuz it does sound terribly obnoxious if you try to say anything.

17. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yah, I've had the wind knocked out of me before, so I know what you mean - it's kind of a scary feeling for a brief moment. But, in this case, it's funny because it isn't me. ;) :D

18. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Hehehehehe now that is well funny! I love the look on the woman's face in the studio.....kind of 'Oh for the love of god please don't let me laugh!' :D :D

19. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

And what are you supposed to say about something like that, being on live TV and all? The hosts were at a loss... as well as trying to keep from laughing... ;)

20. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

What was the incident you had that caused your experience? ~Shard~ would also like to hear about your experience.

I'm glad to hear that my first impression was correct. Usually if your able to make a noise is good sign.

21. ~Shard~ thread starter macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yes, I agree, please do tell! Is there footage of it somewhere which we can watch and comment on? ;)

22. kylos macrumors 6502a

kylos

Well, I've had it happen twice. One time I was playing football or something in about the 6th grade. I got hit really hard or was shoved to the ground or something. I was quite ready to panic, but someone there had experienced it before and told me I wasn't dying. :)

2nd time was just a month or two ago. I was hopping over a chain link fence and caught the hem of my jeans on the fence. I was already coming down so I wasn't able to stop and unhook myself. Once I got so far, it just flipped me flat to the ground (and with more force than even a fall from that height would produce). I braced my self with my arm so I wouldn't do a faceplant. My shoulder, back, and ribs were sore for a couple of days and my arm was scraped up real good. I was trying to just wait till I could breathe again to talk but I had to explain to the guy I was with that I would be alright and that I just had to wait a bit to get my breath back. That was painful. Even if you don't panic yourself, it sure can scare those around you.

I think this is a temporary paralysis of the diaphragm and/or chest muscles which prevents you from taking a decent breath. Not a doctor though, so I can't be sure why exactly it happens.

23. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

I had a similar experience many years ago when I was in 1st grade. I was in after-school care at the time, and we used to play games and hang out waiting for our parents to pick us up. Well, one day we were playing a game called Red Rover. You divide the class into two teams to play this. One team stands shoulder to shoulder while holding hands. Then the other team sends a person to run and try to break through the "human chain". I ran full speed, broke through the chain like it was nothing, and then I smacked chest-first into a wall at full speed. I remember just standing there totally stunned; I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was suffocating. It's a horrible feeling when you can't breathe and you feel like you're going to die. The counselor came over to see if I was OK. I eventually regained my breath, but it still sucked!

24. King Cobra macrumors 603

True, but it was in Windows Media format... not always appealing to everyone, you know. Still, sometimes reporters become Captain Obvious for a while: "I think she's actually hurt."