graphic corruption

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jcampbell1070, Dec 10, 2012.

1. macrumors member

. . . While playing cod black ops from the app. Store. I get these pixel spots while loading this one map in multiplayer mode. It only happens on this one map while loading. It just started and i dont know if its the graphics card or the data for the map is corrupt. I have istat menus installed and i have the fans turned up so it wont over heat during game play. Thanks for the help. My specs are in my signature.

Attached Files:

2. asdad123, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

macrumors regular

Looks like normal graphics corruption.

Are you overclocked? If yes, turn off the OC. If no, your graphics card may be starting to go.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Thats not what i wanted to hear. Lol. Almost 2 years old this February 2013. No apple care out of warranty. I guess i will continue to enjoy it until it dies on me.

4. macrumors 6502

If it only happen in that one particular part every time and not anywhere else then I say it's just a game bug, software bug. If you can play for five or six hours and not see that anywhere else or in any other game then it definitely just a software bug. If it happen randomly, even occationally, then it's hardware fault. Like its on its way out!

5. thread starter macrumors member

Just an update

I lowered the resolution and it no longer happened. I think it could've been the graphics card being overloaded and starting to glitch on me. I've lowered from 1920x1200 to 1280x800 and so far so good.