Graphic design portfolio

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by geagleiam, May 27, 2013.

1. geagleiam, May 27, 2013
    Last edited: May 27, 2013

macrumors newbie

May 27, 2013
    Drawing and making templates are my hobbies, so recently I became interested in graphic design portfolio which is a kind of combination of both hobbies. What would you advice if you have any experience?
  2. macrumors 68040

Oct 12, 2005
    Sorry I am a little unclear of the question you're asking?

Are you looking to upskill and learn design or are you looking at building a portfolio? I'm a little confused.
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

May 27, 2013
    I have many ideas for design and I would like to know some general things about building a portfolio. Could I be able to use more than one colour, if I have simplest mediums?
  4. macrumors 68040

Oct 12, 2005
    I'd probably suggest checking out Smashing or Behance they're probably going to give you the best rounded holistic experience with design as process and resources.

Otherswise is also rather good for finding the specifics for how to do something with a tool to produce a certain look, though many creative and design types tend to think "tooling" for sites like that.
  5. macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2009
    You can try to further enhance your drawing and template making skills. As you collate more designs that you can showcase as your portfolio. Take in design projects from relatives and friends and from there you can build your portfolio.